Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist is still in my recently played category, even tho I've never played it or liked/saved it

Playlist is still in my recently played category, even tho I've never played it or liked/saved it

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

iPhone 6s, PC

Operating System

iOS 13+, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

There is this playlist without a name. It's been created by a person named 'Rod Gosse' and I have no idea who that is. It's not an artist, but just a random person on Spotify. I've been having a lot of troubles last year with my account being randomly logged in in some countries (mainly Vietnam and last time it was USA). I've always changed my password, even talked to support to change my email, because I've had some trouble with that and no logging in since then.

But after the log in from the USA, there's been this playlist created on Jan 3rd, 2021. It has 10 songs in it. All of them have really generic album covers with songs a little bit over 2 minutes. One time, this playlist appeared on the main page on my phone and I was a bit confused. I wasn't sharing Spotify with anyone. I tried to mute all the artists on my phone, so the playlist won't appear. I muted all the songs so they cannot be played. I did that many many times, but the playlist is still on my app. It makes me really anxious for some reason and I just don't wanna see it on my app ever again. 

I put a picture of the playlist so you can see it. I've googled the person and it didn't find anything. Their name isn't anywhere on the internet I guess.

I'll appreciate every help from you! I hope I can get rid of this thing asap.

Snímek obrazovky (119).png
3 Replies

Hey @nyaomi

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

Could you confirm if this playlist still appears after performing a clean reinstall of Spotify on both your iOS device and PC? This will get you the latest app version and force a sync of info between your devices and our account system. 

If resetting your password didn't make any difference it's also a good idea to open your Account Page in a private/incognito window, scroll down and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE. We also recommend checking out this help page for more info on how to enhance the security of your Spotify account.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hello. Thank you for the help.

Sadly, it didn't work. Also, another playlist appeared. It feels like it's by the same person, but it was created by someone else called ''Nicola''.  I remember also muting all of these artists and songs. And my old playlist, which I've already deleted also appeared on my profile.

I probably did something wrong, so I'll try doing this reinstall again. I hope it will work next time.

Hey @nyaomi

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In case you still observe this happening on your Spotify account we recommend proceeding with the steps listed here.

Make sure you try the suggestions on this page and if they don't help you there's also a tip on how to contact our friends from customer support to assist you again.

Keep us in the loop here.

Suggested posts