Chromebook (Pixelbook Go)

iPhone 6s

Dell XPS 13 (2019)

Operating System

ChromeOS

iOS 13.6

Debian 10

My Question or Issue

I reorganized my playlists on the web player on my chromebook. When I went to the web player on my Dell XPS, the order was the same.

When I opened my library on my phone, the custom order changed to an  extremely different and disorganized order, with most playlists in the wrong folders and many folders deeply nested into other folders. I thought my playlists were deleted at first because it was so bad. It still showed in the expected order on the website.

I contacted support who asked me to reinstall the app. After I did this, the custom order displayed the way I set it on the webapp.

I am deeply frustrated that I have to reinstall the app if I want my custom order to show up properly. Will I have to do this every time I move a playlist? It seems there's an obvious bug with syncing the custom order here which I'm not happy about.

1 Reply

Hey there @spencerjp1

We really appreciate you sharing this here in the Community!

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this? If so, we’d recommend trying a clean reinstall since this step is more thorough than a regular reinstall and can solve the issue permanently. If that doesn’t do the trick, make sure no power saving and data cleaning settings are active on your phone as such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.  

Keep us posted! We’ll be happy to help further, just give us a shout 🙂   

Suggested posts