Free

Country

Netherlands

Device

(Samsung a70)

Operating System

(Android version 11)

My Question or Issue

A little while ago, I made a large playlist of about 800 songs. On desktop the playlist lasts more then 50 hours, but on mobile it doesn't go past 32 hours, 20 minutes. No matter how many songs I add it just doesn't update. I've tried deleting and reinstalling spotify as I read in another topic, but that didn't change. Now this isn't a big problem but it just kind of infuriates me so I'd like it if there could be a fix for this...

31 Replies

Hey @xElmo,

Thanks for the post.

Can you check if the playlist display all included songs on your mobile or it cuts off at a certain point?

Also, is this happening with other playlists or just this one.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.

I checked and the playlist shows all the songs that are there on pc. This is also the only playlist that I have this problem with but its also my only large playlist.

However whenever I listen to Spotify on pc, the playlist time on mobile updates itself. But whenever spotify gets shut down on pc it gets back to 32 hours 20 minutes.

Hi there @xElmo,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm having the same issue and I followed the steps to a clean reinstall perfectly. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S10e

Hi @AJHarteis,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Are you still experiencing this issue, after making the clean reinstall? If yes can you share more details about the playlist you're having issues with.

In the meantime we can also suggest you to try logging out and then logging back in into the app, twice in a row, as this action triggers a refresh between the app and your account and may resolve potential cache-related issues. 

If the above doesn't resolve the situation, then it'd be handy if you share with us the exact Spotify version you have on, and all the troubleshooting steps you've taken. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator

Yes, and the playlist is 740 or so songs long, it's titled AJ's Playlist, and it says 33h 14m.

Hi folks,

Thank you for your replies.

We've run some tests from our side and can confirm that playlists can display different lengths depending on the device you're using and if you're using the Web Player, mobile or desktop app. In any case, as long as you see the same amount of songs on all platforms, you should be able to listen to all of them without problem. 

@AJHarteis Just to make sure that my previous statement is applicable to your case, please let us know the devices you're using, as well as your subscription status.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10e, and I have a free subscription status.

Although, that's not my problem. My problem is that the playlist isn't displaying the correct time as to how long it is on the playlist.

Hey @AJHarteis,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Could you share with us the URI of the playlist? We'll look into this further.

Just to double-check-does this happen with a specific playlist or different playlists?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

This only has happened with this playlist so far.

But then again the other playlists that I've made are only up to 4 or so hours in length, and they're going up when I add new songs.

Hey @AJHarteis,

Thanks for the reply.

We had a look at this playlist and it showed 732 songs and 47h long on all devices that we tested this on.

As we stated previously the displayed number of tracks and the corresponding length of the playlist may vary on different devices, as some would show a lesser amount of items in order to increase performance.

A possible workaround would be to create a new playlist and copy over all content from the currenti AJ's Playlist over using the Desktop app, where you can select multiple tracks at once.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Thank you for your help! I did not know that you guys had that in there for performance reasons.

AJHarteis

I'm having the same problem I've tried all of your suggestions unninstalling and reinstalling doing the clean one making a new playlist all of them and its still broken

Hey there @Blackout_009

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of how the playlist is displayed on your end on both the mobile and the desktop app? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info. We'll take a closer look.

On another note, we'd like to know if you're able to see all of the songs in the playlist, and if it's just its duration that is displayed incorrectly or if you don't see the songs there either. 

Lastly, could you let us know if this is happening with all of your playlists or only with a specific one?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey,I really need help.I have the same problem and I don't want to reclear or restart my playlist.My playlist time is on 29 hours and 35 minutes and it can't update.My playlist is called "Yaa" can y'all please check on it?

Hey @Milana_hehe,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you provide the information requested by @Eni in the previous post?

This will help us a lot in finding the reason for this issue.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts