Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist won't load when shared to other people

Playlist won't load when shared to other people

When played on a device I've logged in to, the playlist works perfectly fine. When I send it to someone else or attempt to load it via the link given with the share option in a session I'm not logged into, it says Page not found. I'm able to embed it, and it gives a typical preview with 30 second samples of the first 100 songs, but I can't actually share it to other users.
4 Replies

Hey @OldHermit,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Do you mind trying to share the playlist with us and explain in more detail the steps you're going through to share the playlist? What kind of playlist is it? Have you created it?

You can also post screenshots of the process.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Sure thing: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4ej2R5MnOablwHYGDUPaUX

The embed preview version seems to work perfectly fine: https://open.spotify.com/embed/playlist/4ej2R5MnOablwHYGDUPaUX

But actually attempting to open the playlist proper does not. The playlist was working fine for months, I'd only shared it with a few people. It just suddenly stopped one day.

Sorry for the late reply. 

Hi @OldHermit!

We tried accessing it from our end, but we couldn't, as the playlist has most likely been internally restricted. We'd recommend getting in touch with the folks over at Customer Support for more info, as they can take a closer look at this.

As a workaround in the meantime, you can copy the contents of the playlist on the desktop app by pressing Ctrl + A (Windows) / Cmd + A (mac) to select all tracks, then copy them and paste them into a new playlist.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am assuming that me and the OP are having the same issue because of the amount of songs in our playlist (I am able to copy and paste a few songs onto a new playlist with no issue, but when I try to duplicate my playlist, which has almost 4 thousand songs on it, it does not work). I noticed that the big playlist I had organized using the ctrl-a + ctr-v feature only shows up on the device I had organized it on. If I attempt to share that same playlist with anybody, it shows up how it did prior to me cutting it and pasting the new organized format in.

(1) As you can see, first image is on PC; the device I used to organize the playlist on

doomgazer_5-1662607800310.png

(2) This is the same playlist, but on another device. As you can see the albums are stacked, and it is barebones and disorganized. (Just to add on, when this playlist is shared to another person or put on my profile, it shows up like this.)

doomgazer_7-1662607889570.png

I am unsure if it is just the matter of time that the playlist adjusts itself due to the fact that its so large and might take time to refresh on other devices, or if it is just a Spotify bug. Either way, I hope the issue is able to be fixed and that my attempt at conveying the problem was understandable enough lol. Thank you for your time.

Suggested posts