Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've been having issues with spotify playlists not playing in order for a few days. It's usually fine when it's on custom order, but the songs will skip or jump around, even go in weird orders like song 1-2-12-4-5-6-9. This has mostly been happening since I updated Spotify. I do have premium and it hasn't run out yet.

7 Replies

Hey @Latona,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

As a first step could you please make sure that shuffle is turned off? You can learn how to this here

It also a good idea to double check the premium status of your subscription. You can do this on your account page. If you're accidentally logged in to a free account you can use the steps here to find the right one.

If that doesn't fix things could you let us know if the songs appear in the correct order in your queue? How about on another device? 

Keep us posted, we'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Shuffle is off and I'm still premium. This does not happen on other devices
on the same amount. They do not get queued in the right order.

Hey @Latona,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

If your songs play in the correct order on another device with the same account, it would seem like the cause if the behavior stems from your PC. Let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello - I'm having a similar issue.

Something must've happened when I recently updated my Spotify apps to the latest version. I first started having the problem on my iPhone app - songs in a playlist wouldn't play in order; and instead, random suggested songs play after the first track in a playlist. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it fixed it.

But now I'm having the same issue on my iOS laptop - I've tried uninstalling Spotify and reinstalling the desktop app altogether but that doesn't seem to be working.

Also yes, I'm a Premium user and have always been for at least 10+ years so that's definitely not the problem. 

Thanks for any help!

Hey @beddychew

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If a simple reinstall on your laptop didn't do the trick we recommend performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. We suggest this step for being more thorough in removing corrupted data that could be causing this issue. 

In case you hear suggested songs being played randomly it's also a good idea to disable Autoplay after the clean reinstall. Check out this help page for more info. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Spotify won't plays songs in order.

Hey @mhall27,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you provide some more information about the issue you're experiencing?

First of all, are you using a free account or an account with a Premium subscription?

If you have a Premium subscription and you still aren't able to deactivate the Shuffled playback, could you start the playlist not directly from the Play button, but by clicking on a song title? How did that go?

You can find out here how to deactivate Shuffle and how Shuffle on a free account works.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts