Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Cannot Create A New Playlist or Folder

[Playlists] Cannot Create A New Playlist or Folder

Hey there,

I have a lot of playlists and folder. My playlist count is 7649 at the moment. I am trying to create a new folder and playlist but neither is working starting at about 3 PM EDT yesterday. When I attempt to create a new folder, it disappears. Same for a new playlist, the name will appear for a moment and then it will disappear. Have I reached a limit or is this an issue affecting anyone else? I am using the desktop version of the application and have tried on both Win10 and MacOS platforms, both showing the same problem. Thanks!

Plan

Premium

Country
United States

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Win10 & MacOS

3 Replies

Updating this issue. I have access to multiple Spotify accounts and I am able to create a folder and playlist on another account through the web version but not able to create a folder or playlist on the desktop or web version for my main, premium account.

So, is there a hard limit on the amount of playlists and/or folders? I had read elsewhere in the community that the limit had been lifted.

Still an issue for me. Any insight on the limit to the amount of folders, subfolders, and playlists a user can have? I found if I delete a playlist, I can create one new one but not two. This leads me to believe that there is a limit and it would be nice to know what it is.

Hi there @DJYrWeddingDay,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

Just to clarify, the limit that was lifted was to how many songs you can save to Your Library. You can find out more about that here.

Regarding playlists, however, having a large number can have a negative impact on the app's performance, and this might be causing an issue when trying to create new folders and playlists.

As you mentioned being around 7000 playlists, we'd suggest trying to delete some of them and some folders to make things run smoother.

If you need a hand with anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

Suggested posts