Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists I've never listened to appeared on my Spotify

Playlists I've never listened to appeared on my Spotify

My Question or Issue

A few days ago, I woke to find that 3 songs I'd never listened to appeared in my "Liked Songs". When I came out of that list, I saw there were several playlists of songs I'd never even heard of in my recently played. Nobody else has access to my account, but I changed my password anyway. Since then, the issue hasn't re-arisen. The problem is though, I can't delete those playlists/songs from my recently played/library. This has the knock on effect of Mixes appearing in my "Made For..." filled with songs I have no interest whatsoever in listening to, and "discover something new" also being filled with music I will never want to listen to. There has to be a way of sorting this out, but there doesn't appear to be. 

1 Reply

Hey @angelic_storm,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

You can also check this page for further steps on securing your account. 

The listening history can't be reverted, but the algorithm will quickly forget about the recently played songs, that you don't want included in the proposals, as long as continue to actively listen to the songs you like most.

Currently there is no way to remove specific items from the listening history, but will correct the course of the recommendations.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts