Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Select/pin desired genre/mood filters in liked songs

[Playlists] Select/pin desired genre/mood filters in liked songs

So you have done an amazing feature release which is to allow filtering your liked songs based on genre and mood. AMAZING! GREAT IDEA AND AWESOME IMPLEMENTATION. Loved it. Kudos to the team.

With this feature I have found that I am a big fan of Deep House. I had no clue and I have been using that filter for running. However, those genre and mood filters are dynamic and my deep house filter has now disappeared. Some of the songs went to motivation and others went to Ibiza. That's really not optimal because motivation also has many rap songs which are not on the same energy level (lower tempo) and Ibiza tends to be more on the chill side.  

If you have completely removed the deep house filter, please bring it back. If not, then please allow us to select the mood/genre filter we would like to "pin" there. Most filters can remain dynamic but some features are essential. Also, maybe you can automatically "pin" the top three filters we use the most...  Anyway, love what you guys do! Keep up the great work.

Screenshot_20220128-173032_Spotify.jpg
11 Replies

Updated on 2022-02-08

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Pixel 3 (v10.6.1081) bug, genre filters in liked songs are overlaid and can't discern text. After tapping these overlapping filters, trying to connect to Google nest hub takes a long time. Eventually audio streams, but cannot select a different song from my phone.

Hey @x_-b328rv9cmp,

We've moved your Idea Suggestion to the Help Boards. Hope you don't mind.

The Mood/ Genre filter options for Liked Songs is still in testing and we're aware that there is an issue with not all buttons appearing for some users. 

The right folks at Spotify are working on this as we speak. 

We'll keep you updated here as soon as we have more news 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator

The mood bar is a great feature which I enjoyed while it was employed in the app a while ago before it was mysteriously removed overnight with absolutely no comment, not unlike most of the other useful or cool features that have been halfhazardly added and then removed when the developers realise that they have no idea how to actually design what they had in mind in any meaningful way. 

So my questions is, why can the mood bar in 'Liked Songs' not be scrolled since February 23rd? I've tried everything I can to troubleshoot the app, and found out my friend has the exact same problem on his (also samsung) phone. So what in the world have you guys done and what do we , the consumers have to do to just have at least 50% of your implemented features actually work?

Been having the same issue with the scroll. I know the dev team must be working hard to fix this. Please do prioritize this bug fix. Thanks 👍🏽

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk

Device

I phone 11

Operating 

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

since clean restarting my app the genre buttons on my likes songs have gone and many restarts and redownloads later wont return.

B3D4D03B-B3CA-4CE5-BDCA-501E100A7283.png

So, when can we expect this feature in Norway? Or is it just me and my account??

Hey @ctinna,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. 

So far this feature is not available in every market. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we'll make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Hopefully you'll see if it gets available soon but we can't guarantee when or if this will happen,

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator

how do we vote on ideas because this is a feature i really want

Hey @britgrave,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

The ideas you can vote on are the ones posted on our Ideas exchange board by hitting the thumbs-up button. If you want this feature to be implemented, we've a couple of ideas with similar suggestions open for voting here and here.

In case none of them fit perfectly with the features you want to see in the app, we'd recommend posting your own idea on our Ideas exchange board. We'd also suggest taking our guidelines into account to avoid any early rejection.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

I can relate to the frustration of not having this feature available yet. However, I do understand the fact that this feature will take time to implement to all versions of spotify and I am willing to wait for said update. Just know that you're not alone in waiting, ctinna.

Suggested posts