Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists and liked songs deleted

Playlists and liked songs deleted

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone XS, Windows 10 App

My Question or Issue

I noticed today that all of my music has been deleted from my Spotify account. All of the playlists that I created, songs I liked, and playlists that I followed. I googled this issue and was able to recover playlists that I myself made. When I was recovering them, every playlist I have created had a note saying it was deleted on 12/16/19. I never deleted any of my playlists and I don't know why they were deleted en masse. 

I was able to "recover" my liked songs, but only 2 songs actually show up in the playlist, and I'm guessing they are two songs I've added since 12/16/19. None of the playlists I previously followed are showing up and I can't find them. This is an issue for me because I mostly listen to playlists made by others rather than the ones I made myself.

Can someone help me get my music back?

8 Replies

I have the exact same problem. It happened wen i got the new version of spotify (which i dont like). All of my playlists were gone. I was **bleep** off.

Also I dont like the new version of spotify i spose it will take some getting used to but not liking it at all.

U cant select a song to play u cnt evn view the list of songs. Hate it absolutely hate it

I upgraded to Spotify Premium and noticed that my playlists had disappeared. I logged out and signed in again yet still no playlists. I have never logged in with Facebook.

I have gone in and clicked recover playlists but it says I have not deleted any playlists. Are my playlists still sitting with Spotify Free? If so how do I retrieve them.

Hey there @hannahsabine

Welcome to the Spotify Community! That doesn't sound cool, let's see how we can fix this.

If you have a reason to believe that someone gained access to your Spotify account, we suggest you check this help article .

As to @MaMaKaT75's question, can you confirm if you're logged in into the correct Spotify-account? We suggest you check out this page to find more info on this.  

Let us know how it goes. If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to get in touch.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

1. My playlists were still with Spotify Free. Spotify Support found them and transferred them to Premium. Yay!

Hi Petya,

I tried to click the link you provided but it leads to a broken page/URL not found notification.

I know that my account was being accessed periodically for the last few months but since then I've changed both my spotify and facebook passwords and they haven't been able to get in. Is it possible that they deleted all of my playlists? Even so it doesn't explain why none of my liked songs or followed playlists are there anymore. 

I haven't been on spotify in a little bit and next thing I know is I go from having hundreds of songs to literally 3. And my username was changed? I didn't even know that was possible.

Hey @hannahsabine,

Oops, you're right - I've updated the link now, so it should be working fine now 🙂

It's a good idea to follow all the steps suggested in the above article once more in the order listed, just to make sure that your account is fully secured.

You won't be able to recover anything from your Liked Songs. However, you can reach out to our Customer Support team here, who should be able to restore your account to how it looked before any content was removed.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help.

Suggested posts