Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists and songs that I don't recognize keep showing up

Playlists and songs that I don't recognize keep showing up

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone X / Note 10 / iMac & Macbook Pro

Operating System: iOS 13.5 / Android / macOS 10.15.4

My Question or Issue:

I only play one playlist I curated a long time ago. Most of the songs in that playlist are Korean, Chinese, and Japanese songs only. But about a month ago maybe, I started seeing these random songs/playlists I never heard of in the RECENTLY PLAYED section on a daily basis. I have never seen this and only I have access to my account. I already changed my password and signed out everywhere but they still keep coming back. It's not that I hate or don't like listening to other songs but it's really frustrating whenever I come back to my Spotify app only to find songs I don't recognize. It's as if this isn't my account anymore.

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 9.08.55 AM.png

I always use Spotify and it's very odd to find that the second and third playlists in my HEAVY ROTATION section are songs I haven't heard off. The LUNA playlist is something I curated a long time ago.

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 9.25.16 AM.png

What's frustrating is I can't even remove these playlists. Things I've done are:

☑️Reset my password.

☑️ Sign out everywhere.

☑️ Changed the passwords of my emails.

☑️ Reinstall the app.

☑️ Clear my cookies. (for Web Spotify)

☑️ Modified the privacy settings of my Spotify.

☑️ Removed connected apps.

☑️ Disabled the recommend songs option.

I know it sounds too shallow/simple. I'm sorry. I just find it very hard to adapt to sudden/unexpected changes and take a long time to finally add a new song to my existing playlist. Hope you can help me. If there's a way to remove these songs, I would really, really appreciate it.

2 Replies

Hey @Ichigocake,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

If you've come across playlists and songs unexpectedly added to your Spotify, it'd be good to make sure no one is accessing your account in an unauthorized way.

For this purpose, it'd be great to bookmark and follow the steps in this support page article as well as this one since they feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply in case there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I believe Spotify is injecting these songs onto our Playlist as a way to profit by exposing different artists according to our selections. 

Suggested posts