Podcast current played position not saved when playing via Spotify Connect

Highlighted

Podcast current played position not saved when playing via Spotify Connect

khamsoul
Regular

The progress indicator for the current position I’m listening at for half-played podcasts under Your Library -> Podcasts does not update when I play my podcast on my Chromecast Audio via Spotify Connect.

When playing a new podcast, the new podcast does not register and it’s not available on top of my list of podcasts as a podcast in progress.

Version

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 13

Steps to reproduce:

1. Choose a podcast from Your Library -> Podcasts and play it.

3. Tap on the name of the playing podcast at the bottom of the app.

4. Tap the Devices icon on the bottom left and select another device, eg Chromecast Audio.

5. Scrub to the middle of the podcast.

6. Pause the podcast.

7. Go back to the Your Library -> Podcasts tab.

Results:

Expected:

The podcast should be at the top of the list of podcasts and the progress indicator should indicate halfway-played.

Actual:

The indicator is at the original position before you played the podcast if you selected a podcast in progress to play, or not there at all if you selected a new podcast.

Occurs on:

Chromecast Audio, Echo dot Gen 3 via Spotify Connect.

Does not occur:

Playing locally on my iPhone. The indicator is at the spot where I left off, and newly partly-played podcasts always register at the top of my list of podcasts.

Impact:

Podcast feature is almost unusable since its very annoying to scrub to find where I left off each time.

Severity:

High, 90% of my Spotify usage is via Spotify Connect to my Chromecast Audio. Please mark as a P1 bug.

SUGGESTED POSTS