Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account not syncing playlist hidden/disliked songs

Premium account not syncing playlist hidden/disliked songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I've got recently a Premium subscription however i couldn't synchronized my release radar playlist between my desktop app and my cellphones. 

I always mark first in my desktop app so when i listen in my cellphone i have my release radar how i like. I also tried everything that it's on the help section (log in/out, uninstall app, etc.). Btw only one account so, yes, i'm logging in with my only user/email and pass in both devices.

8 Replies

Hey @tanocapo,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just to clarify, is the issue that the Release Radar on your phone doesn't sync with the desktop app's?

If so, have you already trying a clean reinstall of the app (more thorough than a quick reinstall) after updating your phone's operating system to the latest version?

Let us know how you get on. Hope you'll find this useful.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario,

thanks for taking the time with my issue.

Still happens after a clean reinstall. I am gonna try one more time and see if now works but i believe the problem resides somewhere else.

Liking a song/disliking a song/adding to a playlist from my phone app is correctly synced in my desktop app but if i dislike/hide a song in my desktop app is not synced in my phone app (liking and adding to a playlist syncs fine).

Regards

update: hidden and disliked songs aren't syncing in both apps. Tried to do it in both apps and you only can verify it in the app where you hide or dislike it. 

Hi there @tanocapo,

Thanks for the detailed info.

Could you also try hiding a few songs from one of the apps, logging out from everywhere and logging back in on both apps, and check whether they're synced.

If that doesn't work let us know the following info:

• Spotify version on PC and Android
  • Your exact OS version on both devices
  • Does this happen when you're using a different network as well. (You can try creating a mobile hotspot, to test this out if your data plan allows it)

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

i've tried your solution without success. In my phone the list never showed a hidden/disliked song but my pc show them correctly.

It happens in different wifi networks and even in lte mobile network.

OS Win 10 PRO x64 1909 - Xperia XZ Premium Android 9

Spotify ver. 1.1.45.621 and 8.5.83.1075

Thank you!

Hey there @tanocapo,

Thank you for your post and the information you provided.

Can you try with another internet connection on both devices?

It would also be great if you can log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

sorry about my late reply. i've totally forgotten i opened this ticket.

My answer to your question would be same behavior: different wifi connections or directly connected to ethernet but i can't sync phone and desktop with my release radar list or discover weekly. Any other list are synced as far as i can tell.

Hey again @tanocapo,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

It would also be great if you can do the following:

• Soft reset of the device
  • Ensure the operating system is up-to-date
  • Ensure device has enough storage space

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

i got the same problem and the same repons of a moderator. But not all moderators are aware of the functionalities of spotify as another moderator replied :

Hey there @rikverstraete

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Currently, hidden songs aren't syncing across devices, this means if you hide a song you don't like on the desktop app, it'll still show in the mobile app. 

In this case, you can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you have any questions, just let us know. 

btw : there is a idea to get this fixed, but it needs more likes :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Allow-hide-song-function-to-sync-across-...

Suggested posts