Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

QR Scan plays any song but the one I scanned

QR Scan plays any song but the one I scanned

A friend shared a Spotify code with me and my Spotify app recognised it and all seemed well except Spotify plays any song but the one I scanned & it recognised.

It seems to have added other songs it thinks I'll like but will only play them.  I tried adding the original song to a playlist but this defeats the purpose of quickly seeing if I will like the song.  

I'm sure artists are thrilled that my Spotify plays anything but their song.  Seems like a pointless/useless feature.

2 Replies

Hi mtridley,
I used to face the same problem of scanning on camscanner apk old version app, did you solve it? Maybe I can give you some good advice

Hey @mtridley and @TashaPalmer

Help’s here!

If the code you scanned doesn't start playing the right song it's a good idea to try running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on the affected device. This will remove corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing the issue. Check out this help page on how to perform a clean reinstall.  

In case this persists, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Suggested posts