Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast plays previous episode instead of the next

Hello everyone,

We've received reports that people been having issues with auto playing podcast episodes from oldest to newest. Podcast plays previous episode instead of the next one.

Hey folks,

We've tested this on our and can confirm that the issue has been resolved, so we'll set this one to Fixed.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
cesar_poclava

cuando quiero reproducir un podcast ordenados desde el mas antiguo al mas nuevo, me los reproduce al reves y cuando los ordeno del mas nuevo al mas antiguo se invierte la reproducción por lo que tambien quedan al reves. Es decir cuando termina capitulo 5 sigue por el 4, cuando debería seguir por el 6. Es una falla? antes no sucedía 

GunnarSkogsholm

steps to reproduce (Desktop app)

1) Library> Podcasts> Show 

2) Select Unplayed episodes, Oldest to Newest  (Most common use case)

GunnarSkogsholm_0-1650990081622.png

3) Click Plat on first episode in the list  (e.g. #18)

4) Listen to episode until it completes

5) Spotify player goes to advertisement (no problem)

6) After Ads, player goes to #17, which is not only PLAYED, but OLDER

GunnarSkogsholm_1-1650990766726.png

Spotify is basically UNUSABLE with this GIANT BUG

I realize that this use case is PodCast specific. People don't listen to music the same way.  However, if Spotify is going to spend millions on pod casters, the company should spend a little to get the MAIN & most BASIC podcast use case working.

andreasng

andreasng_0-1651140023857.png

what would you expect to happen when this episode is done playing?

You will be surprised (or not) to know that it will go to episode 93. An episode that isnt limited to NOT be on the list, but it also HAS BEEN played.

please fix! Super annoying. 

22rso2orodybjymoikxn

Even though previous episode is marked as played when an episode is finished it will play the previous episode instead of the next. For example. episode 4 is complete and marked as played but when episode 5 finished it goes back to episode 4. 

Spotify support has wasted 2 hours with 4 different people asking me to do the same steps over and over and asked me to ask the community because they cant get a hint that its a app issue.

Its only happening to podcasts on the pc app. Both downloaded from the microsoft store and their website. This only started today. I have texted several podcast and they all do it.

Jeremy
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already: 

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

XannisV

[ PC - Windows 10 LTSC - Version 1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819 ]

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I've been having it for a couple of months now; before that, podcasts worked as they should. I hope the team can fix this soon.

In case you're being harassed by this bug, a quick and dirty workaround is to clear the queue by clicking on the "next" episode on the list, then shift + click the last one and hit delete, repeat until the queue is completely empty (except for the episode you're currently listening to), and then manually add the next, actually newest episodes. It may be a hassle but it's better  and quicker than having to manually play each episode after the oldest finishes.

meljammin

Same issue. It's enraging! 

Windows 11
1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819

minabinab

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Spotify for Windows
1.1.85.895.g2a71e1b8

I've been banging my head against Spotify Support with this issue for TWO MONTHS and only just now was directed here.  I'm glad to finally make some progress, but this entire process was unacceptable. 

Noguri

I have also same issue with podcasts.

Also, after update to new version problem is same, but It is only on PC/Windows app.

Jimmyk42nz

PC - Windows 10 Pro 19044.1706

Spotify for Windows
1.1.85.895.g2a71e1b8