Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio playing songs from totally different genre

Radio playing songs from totally different genre

So I have a Lo-fi playlist that is completely instrumental and relaxing to listen to. Whenever the playlist finishes it starts a radio “based on” my playlist but it literally plays metal music. I don’t have a single metal song in the playlist, nor in my ‘liked songs’ or ‘liked from radio’ playlists. Why is this happening? It has happened 10+ times now and at first I thought it was funny cus it was so shocking and now it’s just frustrating. Why did they remove the dislike function? I have no way of preventing these songs from interrupting my chill lofi playlist... 

Spotify Premium

USA

4 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Probably any, but iPhone XS Max & Linux Desktop

Operating System

Up to date iOS / Linux / probably anything else

My Question or Issue

I recently tried to listen to the song radio for spotify:track:3pnNGIFYIGA7fE4uhuaQ2c . That song is not only not like the others its radio spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1E8PUrs3DtG6BR but it's not like the music i typically listen to. 

Would have loved to be able to train the radio on what I'm looking for.  I'm disappointed that I won't be able to find more music like that song. 

If anyone knows of another service I can use to find new music I would love to know about it.

Hey there @paulthepoptart,

Thank you for your post and feedback here in the Community.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, could you provide us with the following info:

• Device(s) + OS version(s) on which this is happening
  • The exact Spotify version running on the device(s)
  • A screenshot illustrating the issue
  • The relevant URLs for the radio playlists

Once we've gathered enough info, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

Hey there folks, 

We'd like to look into this further however we haven't heard back from you in a while.

If you're still seeing tracks from unexpected genres popping up in a radio, it'd be helpful if you could share the details @Peter mentions in the status update above. 

It'd be also a good idea if you could add your +VOTE so we can have a better idea of how many users are affected by this.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts