Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio songs not updating after more than a month

Solved!

Radio songs not updating after more than a month

Device

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've recently started using the autoplay feature, which plays new songs after my playlist ends. I've noticed however that it only plays the same songs, no matter what's in my playlist.
Since I've started using this feature, more than 4 weeks ago, I've started listening to totally different music, from totally different genres. However, I still get the same songs I got when I first started. I've liked different songs, changed playlists. I've clicked the 'Don't like' button more than a dozen times on the same songs, over and over again, but to no avail. Is there ANY way to force Spotify to refresh? Because it seems like the algorithm is broken and there is no way for me to find new songs like this.

My Daily Drive has been playing the same songs over and over again as well, and as a consequence I stopped listening to it two weeks ago. I still check in now and again, but there still haven't been ANY changes to the song selection.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @ColinAlexander,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you let us know if this is happening with any playlist, or just with some in particular? We'd also like to know if the same happens after you manually go to the Radio by tapping on the three-dot menu > Go to playlist radio.

On another note, could you let us know the country registered in your account?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @ColinAlexander,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you let us know if this is happening with any playlist, or just with some in particular? We'd also like to know if the same happens after you manually go to the Radio by tapping on the three-dot menu > Go to playlist radio.

On another note, could you let us know the country registered in your account?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

I also think that playlist radio does not contain enough songs. To call it radio it should be much more, hunderds instead of dozens. There also is a lot of overlap between the songs in Playlist Radio selections for different playlists, although in the same very wide genre.

Hey @Sendak,

Thanks for your post.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We recommend searching in our Ideas board to see if someone else has already suggested something similar. If there aren't any suggestions, you can submit your own idea by following the steps in this article.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Hi Carlos! It happened with multiple playlists, both when finishing the last songs and auto-playing, as well as clicking the radio button. My account is registered in the Netherlands. That said, the problem seems to have (finally) resolved itself!

About the Daily Drive, I do think it would be amazing if the songs we're updated more frequently with more of a variety. You don't want to listen to the same 30 songs every morning, right? Thanks for responding!

Hey @ColinAlexander,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Glad to hear that it worked out and the Autoplay feature is behaving as expected again.

Regarding the Daily Drive playlist-it's a good idea to check if the Private Session option is turned on. If it is, you can turn it off to see if that helps.

We'd suggest you also restart your device, log out and log back in again to see if that makes a difference.

The functionality of the playlist can depend also on the country's availability.

Keep in mind that if you're using a VPN, this can also affect the playlist.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts