Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random songs keeps playing after playlist (Spotify Connect issue?)

Random songs keeps playing after playlist (Spotify Connect issue?)

Hi again.

I have a raspberry pi with hifiberryOS and Spotify Connect.

When my playlist is finished it start playing random songs. I have tried everything I can find, turning of "Autoplay" on all my devices.  I have only noticed this when playing using Spotify Connect and shorter playlists, I like putting one on when I go to bed at night and when I wake up there is always some random songs that's been playing. 

This really is annoying!

cheers, Thomas

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Desktop,Mobile and Spotify Connect

Operating System

Windows 10, Android, HiFiberryOS (Spotify Connect)

3 Replies

Hello @MAlgol

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your account, make sure to follow all the steps provided in this support article

Take a look at this article as well on how to protect your Spotify account. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Hi.

I don't think its any suspicious activity other that it acts like the option is off when it isn't. But I did change the password and the problem is still there.

Hey @MAlgol,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Keep in mind that hifiberryOS is not an officially supported OS by Spotify. If you're using it, issues with the features are expected behavior. You can have a look at the Spotify system requirements here

If the Autoplay feature doesn't work as expected on supported systems, we recommend that you restart your router and perform a clean reinstall using this guide. This usually resolves issues, similar to the ones you're experiencing.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts