Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random users keep adding their own music to my playlists

Solved!

Random users keep adding their own music to my playlists

I recently made a private collaborative playlist for my friends to send me music to listen to while away from them.  I sent the link to them and only them.  We are all USA, using premium, yadda yadda.

After about a week, several random users from other countries started adding their own songs to it, some of which were un-verified artists adding their own music to the playlist in some sort of self-promotion? When I click on their profile, the Report button is shadowed out so that I cannot click it or report them.  After scanning the community boards I couldn't find any true solutions to this problem.  

I've made a copy of the playlist just in case the randoms start deleting songs, but is there any sort of privacy feature I could instate to get rid of the randoms and block them from adding their own music?

I've attached a screenshot to try to illustrate the problem.

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 12.27.44 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks! 

We want to thank your for your patience. We've listened to your feedback an we're happy to announce that you will soon have new options for managing collaborative playlists - they are rolling out to everyone over the coming weeks. 

This means that the following ideas have changed their status to IMPLEMENTED:

For details on how the feature works, see:

If you don't see the changes now, don't worry as this should be available for everyone in the coming weeks. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Thanks for visiting the Community!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Hi there @hisforhannah

thanks for reaching out !

I would like to ask you send a screenshot of an artist's profile.

This way i can check it and pass the info forward to the right Spotify factors.

Bear in mind that the report option is for an image that is inappropriate - offensive, etc, not to report another user.

As it seems like another user is trying to gain access in order to use other users account's for promoting, i suggest you follow the instructions on this article

In addition, you can take these steps as well (It's  important they revoke access to any third-party apps).

Last but not least, , you can also make a new collaborative playlist.

This way all of the friends will ensure no strange unknown songs are being added to their favorite playlist.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Bumping this as I can't find a resolution. 

I also had a collaborative playlist with friends. However random people kept adding songs to it and also deleted the songs we had added to the playlist. When we found that almost the whole playlist had been deleted by someone we decided to start a new one and make the name completely random so no one would accidentally find it on search. We then sent the link only to ourselves in order to follow and access it. However, the same problem is happening! Even though the name now is just completely random digits and letters people are still able to access it. There seems to be no function to be able to make it private between just you and your friends and block out other random users from adding/deleting songs? We've since had to abandon the idea of a collaborative playlist which is a shame as we enjoy sharing songs with each other through spotify.

Anyone know is there is a way to solve this?

This is still a problem for me lol, there's this random person who keeps adding to our playlist even after we delete what they add. It's so annoying since the block feature hasn't completely rolled out yet, so I can't just block them either. I think on top of that Spotify should let people have a close friends list for collaborative playlists so random users can't add their songs to them. 

Hi @sam_letts,

thanks for reaching out !

By "creating a new one" you mean a new playlist within the current account or a brand new account ?

I recommend following the steps provided here and here to see if they help.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi,

I too had a collaborative playlist with my girlfriend, it wasn’t shared with anyone else. All of a sudden some users (2) started adding songs?? We can’t make the playlist private because then only one of us can add songs, if it’s collaborative, all users in the world can apparently add to it? Why can’t I select specific Spotify users??

Hey @Levyn,

Thanks for the post.

This issue has been discussed here. Feel free to check it out and add your +Vote, and don't let the Idea Status discourage you. This mean sthat this change is not planned for the next upcoming release.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

They aren't going to do anything about it

I've canceled spotify because they fund Joe Rogan and his misinformation.

Couple that with multiple year old fundamental problems with their garbage software, and I'm out.

I'm having this issue as well. Just bc of random people I had to delete all of my collaborative playlists. I think the links should be for single use like in the Discord or the way to create them should be changed.

And I DON'T KNOW how they just get access to my playlists, I never shared the link except for my friends!

I hope the Spotify Team will do something about it. 

I started having this problem as well. Some random person joins in, adds some mindless Techno, and until they get removed, it stays. It's a shame that Spotify doesn't care about this issue, as they are trying to focus on the "social" aspect of Spotify. How can you achieve something If you can't even get the basics right? All we want is to make a playlist, everyone who is in it can add/remove songs and we listen to them. That's it, why is that so hard? I thought we had this technology since 2000.

Hey @Buscus_dude,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Other users had similar Ideas, feel free to add your vote and subscribe to them below:

This is being discussed internally and any update would be posted in these threads. We suggest that you subscribe and vote for the idea so you're notified as soon as we have any new updates. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

JulianModerator

The status is set to 'not right now', but have this problem 'right now', every few weeks I have to delete random songs from the playlist I share with my girlfriend. What happens if one day some user decides to delete a bunch of our songs? An entire playlist that has songs with tons of memories for different moments, gone.

Removed as Spotify is finally taking action

Hi there Levyn! 

I was wondering if you could private message me or email me about this? I'm having a similar issue and wanted to chat with someone who is dealing with the same thing. by email, I'm at [Moderator edit]

Hi there Levyn! I was wondering if you could private message me or email me about this? I'm having a similar issue and wanted to chat with someone who is dealing with the same thing. by email, I'm at [Moderator edit].

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your messages.

We're happy to say that the teams at Spotify are actively working on delivering changes to the way permissions and collaborators are managed for playlists.

We'd suggest keeping an eye out on the ideas that were previously mentioned by @Julian so that you don't miss out on the updates that will be shared in the coming weeks.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue with my best friend and I's playlist; random artists and users keep adding onto it and we don't know how to solve the issue 😫 I just want to be able to make specific people add into my playlist, not random users too...

Hi there @nosleepclub,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

For now we suggest that you head over to the ideas that's been provided in the thread and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the ideas for any updates regarding this 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It’s been several months that a random fake account keeps adding songs to my friends' collaborative playlists and mine. I couldn’t find a way to stop the account to add, so i started to delete the songs that they added. But i don’t want to keep deleting random songs or remove the playlist from my profile to stop this happening. help me to solve this?

Suggested posts