NEXT STEP

Recommendations, generated playlists all messed up after using sleep sound

Recommendations, generated playlists all messed up after using sleep sound

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(Nest devices, modern PC, Samsung Galaxy 7)

Operating System

Windows desktop, Google Assistant, Android

My Question or Issue

So, for months I've had great recommendations with the "Discover Weekly", "Release Radar",  "Daily Mix", and the other "Made for you" types of recommendations. Usually I go in for Industrial, Electro-Industrial, Darkwave, etc.

After getting a google-assist enabled Lenovo alarm clock and all of that set up I started getting it to play a "sleep" playlist I created for when I go to bed. The assistant uses Spotify to find tracks. Now all of my recommendations are skewed. My daily mixes are full of nature sounds. My recommendations alternate between industrial and meditation tracks. Not great!

Any way I can control what gets included in recommendations? This sort of messed up music discovery for me in a big way.

1 Reply

Hey @MaxFactor,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

The quickest, most effective solution would be to disconnect this 3rd-party app (as well as any other) affecting your listening algorithm and suggestions from your account. It'd be great for you to open your account overview to double-check and edit the list of the apps you allow to connect with your Spotify.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with! 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts