Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recommends: Is there a way to NOT like a song, album or artist - and not see them again?

Solved!

Recommends: Is there a way to NOT like a song, album or artist - and not see them again?

Plan - Premium

USA

Device - iPhone 8

Desktop - iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Is there a way to have Spotify stop suggesting an album, song or artists? 

I love finding new music w/Spotify but if I see another Aphex Twin album cover in my recommends my Mac may go out a window. Beyond creepy. There are others I just don't like or have seen and heard 1k times. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @lastbestghost,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you want to prevent a particular artist from being played and recommended to your Spotify account you can do this on your mobile device. 

Once you've opened the artist profile, click on the three-dot menu located at the top right. You'll see the option Don't play this which allows you to ban the artist from future playing. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.   

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @lastbestghost,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you want to prevent a particular artist from being played and recommended to your Spotify account you can do this on your mobile device. 

Once you've opened the artist profile, click on the three-dot menu located at the top right. You'll see the option Don't play this which allows you to ban the artist from future playing. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.   

Suggested posts