Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Fiio X5iii

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have a 256GB micro SD card in my player, and the songs I download offline keep disappearing from my device, and my storage keeps changing back to internal. I have tried formatting, deleting cache and uninstalling the app. This only seems to be happening on this device. Maybe my SD card is no good enough for the device or Spotify. What is the recommended speed for card on Spotify? I see others have had the same problem.

Thanks for the help!

9 Replies

BUMP

I've got almost the same problem but for me everytime i shut down my phone and then turn it on it seems all the songs in my libarary gets deleted and then i need to re-download them.
Would love to get an answer as well

Hey there @AnD @amanbigboyandy,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

@GGGoose If you haven't already, we'd first recommend trying the following:

• Enable permission for storage option for Spotify. This can be accessed by going to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > Storage.
  • Check that the Spotify app is set as an exception for any cache clearing apps
  • Perform a thorough reinstallation of the app with these steps

We'd also suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

@amanbigboyandy - you mention this is happening only on your Fiio X5iii player running on Android.

Just to confirm, is this happening if you use a different SD card or after removing the card altogether?

Keep in mind that there's a similar issue that our tech teams are currently aware of and working on if your current OS version is Android 9.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

So, the spotify app has permission to "modify or delete contents of your SD card, read the contents of your sd card." It does not have any changable permissions to clear cache, etc.

I have not tried any other SD cards, but I have seen this issue on the forums for a few months now and nothing works for me. I will see if another card will work.

Thanks!

Hey again @amanbigboyandy,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Keep us in the loop if another SD card does the trick 🙂

However, if the issue persists, we'd recommend checking the Ongoing Issue linked above for more info.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with though!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Moto G7+ (Android): I'm having the same issue. Upon restart, it looks like Spotify (which is on internal storage) is mounting before the SD card is finished mounting. Thus, when it looks for the downloaded library it sees only internal storage (no SD) to start. I'm not sure why Spotify doesn't reconcile this and I am unable to successfully install and run Spotify on my SD card (rather than internal storage).

Hi @solomon49chi,

Thank you for posting on this thread. 

Please keep in mind that not all phone models allow you to install apps directly on the SD card. You can try and move the app to the card, however, this is not found on all devices.

In any case, this shouldn't affect your downloaded music. Besides this matter with the app's location, could you describe if you're having issues specifically with your downloaded content? This way we can assist you better.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Hello - thank you for the quick engagement! I chose to save downloaded music to my SD card. I download music to my SD card successfully. I restart my Moto G7+. When I check Spotify, my download location has switched to Internal Memory and Spotify starts downloading all of my songs. I switch the download location back to SD card and all music has to be redownloaded (or switched over) to the SD card. So the Spotify music that was on my SD card was removed at some point. I looked at the logs and it looks like maybe Spotify is mounting before I log into my phone, thus before the SD card and seeing no SD card yet, begins downloading all the music again. I don't keep any music on my internal storage, only SD card. Thanks for your help - Solomon

Hey @solomon49chi,

Thanks for your reply and the extra info.

In this case, we suggest running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached or corrupted files that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, we recommend reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels to check if your account's cache is corrupted and further assist you with that.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts