Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saved album discrepancies between library and artist page

Saved album discrepancies between library and artist page

Plan : Premium

Platform : Android (8 & 10), Linux Desktop client, iOS (13), Web Player

My Question or Issue

I have notice there are large discrepancies between the "Library > Albums" view and the list of albums present on the artist's page.

E.g. (as show on screenshots) the album "Moonglow" is listed in my library, but not shown as "saved" (or "liked") on the artist's page.

It looks as if those were 2 seperate albums: if I have liked songs on the album on my library, they will not be shown on the artist's page either.

"Moonglow" is only an example among tens (maybe hundreds) of my 850+ saved albums.

This is platform-independant: behavior is the same on Android, iOS, Linux desktop and web player.

Artist view (Linux desktop)Artist view (Linux desktop)Library (Linux desktop)Library (Linux desktop)

5 Replies

Another example from a very long list in my library:

For the artist Cult Of Luna

- A Dawn to Fear (added on 2019-10-14) is shown as "saved" on the artist's page

- Vertikal (added on 2018-01-01) is shown as "NOT saved" on the artist's page
- Somewhere Along The Highway (added on 2018-01-01) is shown as "saved" on the artist's page

- Eternal Kingdom (added on 2017-12-31) is shown as "saved" on the artist's page

- Mariner  (added on 2018-01-01) is shown as "NOT saved" on the artist's page

Hey @Link85,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just tested this on iOS 14.1 with Spotify 8.5.81.1110 by liking/hearting A Dawn to Fear as well as Vertikal and adding them to my Liked Albums.

In my case, the related info on the Artist page is the total number of songs across both albums, which is 17. If I tap that, I access a playlist featuring the songs from each album, one album after the other.

It'd be great if you'd give a shot to updating the operating system of all the devices you're using Spotify with to the latest version and if you'd also do a clean reinstall of the Spotify app right after. This should help things get in sync and the app to operate with its latest features 🙂

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your quick answer.

You're right, things work when I add an album right now. But the issue lies with *previously added* albums. And as I have nearly 900 of them, I cannot simply remove/re-add them!

This is not a client-side issue, though, as I use Spotify on 2 phones (1 Android, 1 iOS) and 2 computers (1 Ubuntu, 1 Windows 10) and all have the same problem, as well as Spotify web. Surely server-side, then!

Hey @Link85,

Thanks for replying 🙂 

Just to confirm, does the error still affect all your "previously" added albums after updating every device's operating system as well as the related Spotify app (which should be updated to the latest version when reinstalled)?

Asking to see if the error is solved upon logging out and then back in after reinstalling the app in this case (since this also looks like a sync issue between a given - most likely older - version of the client and the server). 

Good to know the issue doesn't continue with the albums you heart/like after updating (I assume you tested this on iOS as a follow-up to my previous post?). Let's see if we can get everything to sync now.

We'll look out for your reply. 

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I posted and answer which has apparently not been approved (too many attachments?).

Yes, it happens on every device, with apps fully up to date. It happens on the web version too.

I have posted an answer, but it is it still pending approval.
Yes, it is happening across all devices.
What's interesting is what I see on the web version.
If I go on the Albums page (URL /collection/albums), I can see the album "In The Red" band the band "Crucified Barbara". If I click on the album's page, I land on a page (/album/2Bsxn8SZPjvafoYm15MxwQ) where the album is shown as "liked" and 2 songs are "liked" too.
If I go on the band's page (/artist/5IHkB1o1qNXwLPe55WWTEH) and access the album's page from here, the album is not listed as "liked" (and no songs either). Its URL is /album/0zRzFNDcZM8WsvxB7PRgzK
It looks like those are considered 2 enterily different albums, whereas only the 2nd is listed on the band's page, not the 1st. 

1.png
2.png

Suggested posts