Plan

Premium Family

Country

Italy

Device

moto g4 plus, moto x4, samsung s8

Operating System

Android M, Android P, Android O

Everytime we do a search while we are listening to some music appear the message "you are offline, try again". But the home page and the music streaming have no problem. To solve the problem we have to force close the app or switch off/on the data connection. It only happens with data connection (full 4g) not with wifi connection.

It's a common and serious bug here in Italy, you can check all the bad reviews in Italian Android play store. It could be related to vodafone network. We're waiting for a fix. Thanks.

Screenshot_20190211-162637.png
122 Replies

Problem still up! Please do something!

Galaxy S10+ Android 9

Hey there @TheBerserk

It'd be helpful if you could let us know the exact version of the Spotify app you're currently on so we can pass it on to the right teams. 

Thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I use my phone both with Vodafone Greece and Cyta-Vodafone Cyprus. I encounter the same issue. The thing is that the application looses connection with the internet due to some bug. Both streaming and other functions stop. No issue if I use Wifi. Next month I am planning to suspend my subscription. This is a major bug and exists more than 2 months. A major bug with headphones in iPhone existing more than 3 months was the reason that I moved to Android. After all it seams that there is no appreciation from large enterprises for money we pay.

Samsung s9+ Android 9 Spotify

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your patience this far!

Our tech teams are still looking into this. If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE.

It'd be very helpful if you could give it a try using a different mobile network from the same device and leaving a post below to let us know if the issue persisted there as well. 

If you haven't already, it would be also helpful leaving the following details as well:

• Your device and its exact OS (operating system) version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app

We'll keep you posted here on any updates, thanks!

KaterinaModerator

Today August 28, 2019 the problem is still there and no improvement in spite of the long time since it was highlighted and in spite of following the suggested verification procedures you gave. The problem only occurs under the VODAFONE IT network. Everything is ok if I change my phone settings and use a different provider (TIM). If this problem is not resolved till the end of August, I will cancel my subscription and switch to Amazon or Deezer.

Hi there,

Please is there any news related to this issue? I travel a lot and I have the same problem since lots of months (it's really annoying).

I have tried all that you have suggested but unfortunately with no positive results.

I have a new Samsung S10e, Vodafone IT as mobile provider, and I really would like to keep my account alive with you guys, but this is an issue (you already know).

Please let us know something new... I really hope you have.

All the best.

Alessandro

Also with Samsung note 9

Hey there @vitozone and @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Rest assured that our tech teams are still looking into this. Further, it'd be very helpful if you could let us know if the issue persists when connecting to a different network from the affected device. We'll make sure to pass this info on to the relevant teams.

Thanks!

KaterinaModerator

Hi Katerina

No, the issue only persists when on the VODAFONE.IT network. If I switch to
a different mobile 4G or network or to WiFi, no problem whatsoever.

I believe this was already clarified months ago. I am disappointed that you
could not get it fixed yet.

Thanks anyway.

Any updates on this?

Hello this seems to be related to this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/issues-with-S10-while-on-4G-no-playback-search-etc/m-p/4834...

The problem seems to happen with Vodafone GR 4g. Details on device etc are provided on the linked post.

Hey all,

Thanks for your patience!

Our tech teams are still looking into this. If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE.

We need a bit more info so we can investigate this with Vodafone. Could you please let us know the following:

1. In which area of Italy this is happening
  2. At which date and what time you know for sure you have experienced this
  3. Which device you use and which OS version it has
  4. Spotify version

We'll keep you posted here on any updates, thanks!

@Guido I answer you point by point.

1. This problem does not have a specific area where it occurs, it always occurs after playing 3-4 songs on the Vodafone network, but there is no problem on WiFi.
  2. I can reproduce it as and when I want, if you want you can monitor my account and reproduce it on request.
  3. I use a Google Pixel 2 XL with Android 10, but this problem is present since Android 8 and also with other terminals (OnePlus 5T, iPhone 5S, ...), so is definitely a network/app problem.
  4. 8.5.27.957, but as I said to you I have been experiencing this problem for years.

Any time, any place, any smartphone, any OS

BUT no problems with version 8.4.62.490

after six months and more the same bug,

1. Moving to work, in every area in Italy

2. Every hour of the day

3. xiaomi mi5, android oreo 8.1

4. version 8.5.28.985

ps. My operator is Vodafone IT 

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us with the above info.

@gmcinalli - regarding your ability to reproduce this, do you mind providing us with some concrete steps to reproduce this issue?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Does Spotify have technical staff capable of resolving this issue with
Vodafone IT or are we just wasting time here? I don't understand why this
has been going on for months and nothing has changed in spite of so many
complaints.

Why you are asking?
After 9 months of no respose you believe that really someone is caring
about this issue?!?
So sad 😞

Hey all,

We really appreciate all your patience and reports so far - rest assured that our tech teams are still looking into this.

First of all, if you're experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE.

Keep in mind that we're having troubles reproducing the original issue mentioned in the first post of this Ongoing Issue.

With this in mind, in order to look closer into what's happening, it would be extremely helpful if you could let us know the details below:

1. In which area of Italy this is happening
  2. At which date and what time you know for sure you have experienced this recently
  3. Which device you use and which OS (operating system) version it has
  4. Exact Spotify version
  5. Steps or screenrecording of what you're seeing - just make sure that there's no sensitive/private info displayed

We'll make sure to pass these on to our tech teams, thanks again!

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts