Premium

Country

US

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 and Arch Linux

My Question or Issue

Whenever I search for a song in a playlist and play the song, the only songs that show up in queue are the songs that came up under the search. For example, I have a rock playlist with over 1000 songs and if I type "war" in the search bar and play one of the songs that comes up, the only songs that will show up in the queue are songs with "war" in the title, album, or artist name. I cannot search for a song in the playlist and have any other song show up in queue. This only happens in the Spotify client for my Arch Linux desktop and for my Windows 10 laptop, it does not happen on my Android phone. I can't seem to find any settings that can change this. Is this an issue I can fix or is it a Spotify client feature that can only change with an update?

1 Reply

Hey @MegaMexican,

Thanks for your post.

This is not something that can be changed by a in-app setting. When you search for a word in a playlist, the faction filters out all content not matching that criteria. However once you play a song you've searched for, Spotify plays the song separately and not as part of the playlist.

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts