Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share link of my Top Songs 2021 being used as name of a playlist by another user

Solved!

Share link of my Top Songs 2021 being used as name of a playlist by another user

The Share Link for my Top Songs 2021 list (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1EUMDoJuT8yJsl) 

will not work if I share it with friends. They get an error message that it cannot be found.  

While troubleshooting I searched for the (presumably) random string, i.e. 37i9dQZF1EUMDoJuT8yJsl . That tells me that another user created a playlist with my playlist URL in the name of their playlist

(https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3edfNVfdyYRnTT6XbGRfIm?si=9303c59fc58b48fd).

Maybe that is screwing up the ability of my friends to use my link? (the fact that the embed thing in here actually works makes me think something else is going wrong for my friends) 

In any case. How can I either get that user to not use my link, or to get my spotify to create a new share link?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @makanimike,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, we're happy to shed some light in the situation. 

Currently, whenever any user copies and pastes the link to their Wrapped playlist, they will have the exact same URL. This explains why the other user has that URL as their playlist title, because it's the URL we all have assigned to our Wrapped list. 

With this in mind, it's expected that your friends won't be able to open your Wrapped when sharing the link. Because when clicking on the link, it will open their own Wrapped playlists.

Now, there's a workaround you can follow in order to share your own Top Songs, this requires the creation of a new regular playlist. You can find all the steps in this article.

Hope you find this info useful! Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

ok, my embedded playlist above is doing crazy things. Thirst it was ok. A couple of hours later it just gave an error message and showed nothing. Now it's showing someone else's Top 2021 tracks.  

ETA: another hour later it's back on my playlist. Suffice it to say: it's uselessly unreliable.

Marked as solution

Hi @makanimike,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, we're happy to shed some light in the situation. 

Currently, whenever any user copies and pastes the link to their Wrapped playlist, they will have the exact same URL. This explains why the other user has that URL as their playlist title, because it's the URL we all have assigned to our Wrapped list. 

With this in mind, it's expected that your friends won't be able to open your Wrapped when sharing the link. Because when clicking on the link, it will open their own Wrapped playlists.

Now, there's a workaround you can follow in order to share your own Top Songs, this requires the creation of a new regular playlist. You can find all the steps in this article.

Hope you find this info useful! Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I see.

Well, that sure is ONE way to do UI.

Suggested posts