NEXT STEP

Show Local Files keeps toggling OFF by itself

Show Local Files keeps toggling OFF by itself

Plan

Premium

Device/Operating System

MacOS 12.2.1

My Question or Issue

For some inexplicable reason, the "Show Local Files" option will continue turning itself off after a few days.  I haven't moved any of the associated folders or any other setting that would cause this - it's purely the app doing it by itself.

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 12.08.04 PM.png
4 Replies

Hey @exitwest81,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

It might be a good idea to run a clean reinstall of the app on your Mac. You can follow this Spotify Guide, where you'll find instructions on how to clear all possibly corrupted Spotify data which might be causing the settings to reset.

If that doesn't help, let us know if the local files are located on your hard drive or on an external one.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been having this issue for 3 years.  Both on windows and MacOS.  Uninstalling and re-installing isn't a solution - there's obviously a bug in the software Spotify needs to address.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, that isn't a solution.  Note this also happened with Spotify desktop on Windows.  This is a persistent bug within spotify's desktop application that needs to be resolved by your dev team.

A year later and this is STILL an issue.

Hey @exitwest81,

Thanks for the replies.

Have you tried performing a clean reinstall exactly as mentioned in this guide? This is a more thorough way to do it and it gets rid of most of the common issues.

Does the app behave the same when you run it as administrator? What's the path to the folder you keep your local files in?

Do you use memory/resource optimizing apps on the PCs?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts