Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Single song missing from album?!?

Single song missing from album?!?

The Malevolent Creation song They Breed is missing from the album Eternal. The rest of the album is available. I swear this song use to be on spotify. What gives?

7 Replies

Hey @musicfan_1, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern. 

Spotify wants all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

Spotify adds new content every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

More information on missing content can be found here.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I doubt this is the answer, it is a single song on the album. They still have the rights to the rest of the album

Hey @musicfan_1

Does this appear on your other devices, or just that one? Is the song appearing to be greyed out or do you not see it at all?

Also let me know the make and model of your device as well as the software version.

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, the song is greyed out on all of my devices. When I log out, the song is still greyed out. I asked a friend, and it is greyed out on their spotify, too. See for yourself, "They Breed" by Malevolent Creation off the album Eternal. What gives??

Hey @musicfan_1,

Thank you for your provided information.

Would you mind sending us the URI link of the greyed out song so that we can have a closer look at it?

To find it:

1. Open the Spotify desktop app and go to the content. 
  2. Click (...) and select Share.
  3. Click Copy Spotify URI. The code is copied to your clipboard.

If you want to copy the URI link from a phone - click the three dot menu > Share > Copy Link

After you've copied the link you can paste the URI into your reply.

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

Hi @ musicfan_1,

Thanks for the link.

We've checked this backstage and it seems that the song is currently not available for streaming in your country. This sometimes happens, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon. We can't say when or if this will happen.

Hope this brings some light on the case.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts