Some Songs/ Albums seem to have a doppelganger

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Any

My Question or Issue

Hey, I often recognize that some albums seem to have a doppelganger. I often stumble over songs & albums that I already have in a playlist/ liked and saved and still the exact same song/ album is often out there totally untouched by me e.g. no likes. This is making me sometimes crazy as I wonder why it's not saved or I eventually have the exact same song doubled in a list. One, for example,

has some different writing in the name of the album (one letter is capitalized) but there are many others where I cannot see any difference. When I click on the artist the album I saved is often not even there but another one (but the same) without any likes. It is so damn confusing that I even find it difficult to explain. And it's not like one or two songs but I see this so often. 

spotify04.jpg
spotify06.jpg
spotify07.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @1145672020,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

The behavior your describing can happen when an album gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs. For now we suggest that you unlike the "old" track in the liked songs or saved album and replace it with the new one.

We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @1145672020,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

The behavior your describing can happen when an album gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs. For now we suggest that you unlike the "old" track in the liked songs or saved album and replace it with the new one.

We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Okay, I see and understand now. 

This often made me crazy as the system does not seem to respect my great collection at all 😉 

Hope this will be fixed or that artists will pay more attention.

Thanks for your reply

Suggested posts