Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song I once loved keeps popping up in my radios and I've grown to hate it. How to stop?

Song I once loved keeps popping up in my radios and I've grown to hate it. How to stop?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBook Pro and iPhone

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

A song I used to love listening to keeps popping up in all my radio stations so often, that I've grown to really dislike it. I thought unliking the song would stop it, but it's persistently showing up in new radio stations. I know there is a way to "hide song" in the iOS app, which is nice as a bandaid solution, but the song will still show up in new radio stations I create. It also doesn't hide the song from the desktop app. Is there a way to permanently "ban" a song from showing up?

2 Replies

Hey there @Mjsielerjr,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that this is happening with your Radio playlists. 

Some songs which you listen to very often will pop in your recommendation playlists and Radio.

There is no way to permanently ban a song from appearing there. What you can do is go to the Artist page of the artist > 3-dot menu > Don't play this. This will block any content from that artist on all platforms. It's not an ideal solution, but if it's a workaround for songs you really dislike.

The Hide song function is not synced across devices, so you might see a song you've hidden on Mobile on your Desktop. If you want this to change, I'd suggest adding your +Vote to this Idea. The more users vote for this, the more likely it is to get implemented in the future.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for including the link to the other feature request.

I cannot fathom how Spotify justifies not having such a basic feature.

I've now had to block 2 artists that I really like because Spotify wouldn't stop playing the same songs over and over, typically the ones that are my least favorite.

Spotify is so great in many ways, but this oversight has to be intentional for it to be such an uphill battle to fix.

Suggested posts