Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Song Radio only loading 1-3 songs

Solved!

Spotify Song Radio only loading 1-3 songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

as you can see in the screenshot spotify song radios for all songs only load 1-3 songs and then the playlist stops. How can I fix it?

Screenshot_20220804-010216_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

the problem seems to be fixed for me 🙂

I didn't really do anything

just hoping the same happens for all of you

View solution in original post

26 Replies

When creating a playlist by clicking on a song and going to radio spotify is only generating 1-4 songs maximum. Tried on multiple different genres of varying popularity and the consistency of 1-4 songs prevails. 

Tried on PC and this problem doesn't exist. I have already signed out, cleared cache, deleted app, and restarted things. It also appears on other apple devices in the same household on the same family plan. No problems with wifi/connections either.

APP Version 8.7.54

Plan

Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 12)

This is happening to me as well on iPhone

This is also happening to me as well.  I also have the newest version of the app installed.  Radio playlists that I know to have at least 30-50 songs in them now only populate 1-5 songs.

same thing for me. really frustrating as song/playlist/artist radios are the main way i discover new music plus this feature was working fine until very recently. working fine on desktop app

4A6B8F13-24A5-478A-90C1-91ED6C5C97ED.png
53571D84-01CD-4A6A-9935-99A3052B1078.png

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPad Pro 4th gen

Operating System

Mac, version 15.6

My Question or Issue

This morning, my Song Radio was working perfectly, with all 50 tracks playing based on the musical stylings of Lizzo’s “Juice”. Tonight, when I attempted to keep listening to that playlist because I was enjoying it so much, it had been cut down to only 2 songs.

So I checked, and it turns out that every song I attempt to start a Song Radio for only loads one to three songs. I cleared my cache, I deleted and redownloaded the app, I updated my iPad and my iPhone both, and neither of them will play a Song Radio playlist past 1 to 3 songs. 

I am frustrated more because this has distracted me so completely from doing the dishes I had been planning on dancing my way through cleaning than because it’s the end of the world, but I do use Song Radio playlists quite often and I hope this is a fixable issue. 

This is happening to me too, on both my iPad and my iPhone, and I have tried clearing my caches, restarting my devices, and deleting and redownloading the app.

Likewise. Happening to me on iOS 15.6, Spotify 8.7.52.415. 

A key feature I use so it’s annoying it’s not working. 

Likewise. Happening to me on iOS 15.6, Spotify 8.7.52.415. 

A key feature I use so it’s annoying it’s not working. 

Premium plan

Country

Ecuador 

Device

Redmi note 9

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I recently got into a radio, and I realized it was extremely short, at the point that there were just 3 songs on it, and when I skipped there was just one song repeating, I tried with more radios and there were all the same, they had 1-3 songs and lasting less than 10 minutes when they lasted hours before

I can also confirm this issue, please repair this feature

I can also confirm this issue, please repair this feature

Same problem here on Huawei Mate 20 lite on Android 10/Spotify 8.7.52.1010

I am having this exact same problem on my iPhone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it didn’t help. 

Same here! Super annoying 🤦🏽‍♂️

This is also happening to me. Song radio shows 1-3songs and it only started to fail yesterday evening.

This is one of the best features in Spotify and allows me to discover new artists and songs very easily based on something I'm listening to and it needs to be fixed right away.

I guess I’m thankful it’s not just me, but sad this is happening. 😞 

Good day  @Berzeppa 

I'm sorry to hear that.
I don't think there's been any changes to the way song radios are generated and I'm able to properly load them on my Android.
Let's try some basics to solve it:

• clear app cache
  • restart your device
  • log out and back in
  • remove your SD card temporarily
  • try logging in on a different device(stick to Android)
  • try a different network connection

I hope with those it'll be fixed but if not, do reach back to me.
Take care 🎧🖤

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same issue here! Only shows 1-3 songs since today… Very anoying yea

Plan: Premium

Device

Pixel 6 / MacBook Air

My Question or Issue

I was listening to a song radio last night, all of a sudden it stopped playing any more tracks, I looked at the playlist there was only one song.  So started a new one, still only one song.  Went to my desktop chose the song, chose radio, got a playlist, connected to my phone, no songs on the playlist.  

Suggested posts