Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song cuts out in the middle, but still shows it's playing.

Song cuts out in the middle, but still shows it's playing.

I was listening to a song and just after a minute in, the audio stopped. The app shows it's still playing, my bluetooth isn't connected to anything, and no other device that has my login is active right now. I tried skipping it, listening to a different song on the same playlist (which worked totally fine) and came back to it, but it did the same thing. Tried playing it outside the playlist with the same result. I unfortunately don't have the time to test this on anything other than my android. I have premium so data shouldn't be an issue, but either way my internet connection is stable and it's only the one song. Anyone know what's going on?

5 Replies

Hey @KikiNickname,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Do you mind going through the steps from this page so we can rule out a 3rd party interference? 

What are the brand and model of your device? We'd also need the Android version and the Spotify version of the app on your device.

You can also check if there aren't any apps on your device that handle routines, like Bixby on Samsung.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I followed the steps on the page, and it does the same thing unfortunately. I have continued used Spotify of the past few days and it's still only that one song I have an issue with. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22+. Android Version is 13 and Spotify Version is 8.7.86.422

I do have Bixby on my phone, but I haven't set it up at all. I have google assistant, but there aren't any routines set up. I do occasionally ask it for random questions and to open Spotify, but that's it.

Hey @KikiNickname,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you send us a link to the song and prepare a short screen recording of how the song cuts out?

Are you able to reproduce this behavior with a different account on your device?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hello! 

I tried playing the song on my ipad and laptop with the same results. It always cuts out at 1:18. Here's the song link: https://open.spotify.com/track/4q9ASrEbwtWky1noIffx87?si=iaUS5tHCSlii7VVnFNdYSA&utm_source=copy-link

I also took a video. Unfortunately to make it meet the file size it's rather short. For the song before the video, it work perfectly fine and then once it hits 1:18, audio cuts and does not return.

Hey @KikiNickname,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We checked the song on our end and the same issue happens. It looks like the audio was uploaded with a faulty audio that mutes after the minute 1:18. In this case, since the issue seems to be related to the uploaded audio file, we'd recommend reporting the broken track directly with our Customer Support so they can pass it on to the right folks as mentioned in this article.

However, if the issue happens with other songs as well, send us the links to take a better look at them.

We appreciate your report. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts