Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song no longer listed - which one was it?

One of my favorite songs is not only no longer playable on Spotify, but the name is empty. Please tell me which song https://open.spotify.com/track/1UHAjJjbCdbZ894lRfL2ST?si=1KLtqFwNRCOrCOM03lg07w was - thank you.

6 Replies

Yeah, seems like this post got broken by the forum software as well ...

Hey @JohnnyD4,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

It's a good idea to restart the device and then to log out and log back in again to see if there are any changes. 

If you've already tried these steps or some additional troubleshooting steps, let us know. That way we'll able to avoid any repeating steps.

If the issue persists, could you try again uploading the image? We'll look into this further.

It's also a good idea to check this thread as it seems like you might be experiencing the same issue.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @JohnnyD4,

Thanks for the reply and the link.

It looks like this song is currently not available for streaming. 

For more info on this you can check out @MattSuda's commend here.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This board/forum software is really annoying. Again I have to write a text a second time, because you cannot write-login-send but need to login-write-send in order to actually post.

Thank you for stating the obvious. I know that the song is no longer available. However if songs are not available, I can usually see the meta information (title, artist, album ...). In this case I dont even know which song it was. Even more weird: in Spotify Desktop Client, this song is shown with "Various Artists", in Firefox I can at least see the Artist name and the year (but not the title)

Nevertheless your reference was interesting: If Spotify re-adds songs to the catalogue, they get a new ID? As a user that sounds like that this can only be defined by a sadistic software architect, that breaks all the playlist users created without any need to

Hey @JohnnyD4,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

As mentioned in the reply that @Alex linked to above, this is being looked into.

We appreciate your feedback on this matter as it helps us keep improving the app and the overall experience.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts