Free

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have explicit content filter turned on. There is one song song that isn't labeled as explicit on the artist's page, it doesn't contain any explicit content, and up until now it played just fine on the artist's page but when I add the same song to a playlist it's tagged as explicit in the playlist and because of that I can't play it in the playlist. Sometimes if I removed the song and re-added it to the playlist the explicit tag was gone but if I closed Spotify and restart it the song was once again tagged as explicit in my playlist. as of right now the song stopped being able to be played on the artist's page and gives an "explicit content" error but it isn't tagged as explicit there. Is there a way to fix this or is it a but that needs to be fixed on Spotify's end? I kind of want to keep the filter turned on for when I play "daily mixes" and stuff like that but this is ridiculous.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @madmatt2024,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Since it could be a temporary error, would you mind trying each of the following steps?

If these suggestions don't help, would you mind sharing the song's link so we can test what happens on our end?

We'll look out for your reply and be available to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @madmatt2024,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Since it could be a temporary error, would you mind trying each of the following steps?

If these suggestions don't help, would you mind sharing the song's link so we can test what happens on our end?

We'll look out for your reply and be available to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator

Thanks for the tips. Reinstalling the app fixed it.

Hey @madmatt2024,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear reinstalling the app did the trick 🙂 

You'll find us here if you need us in the future!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts