Songs Out of Order

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X, Ipad (6th generation), and Dell Laptop

My Question or Issue

When my liked songs are put in order by title, multiple of the songs will get skipped while playing them. For example, if I'm listening to "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry, the next song will be "Jailhouse Rock" by Elvis, even though there are plenty of other songs between these two. How do I stop this from happening?

2 Replies

This is happening to me too, on Mac desktop software, Premium account.  

I believe what is actually happening is that the Liked Songs playlist always plays as if the songs were sorted by the date which they were added to the playlist.  So you can sort Liked Songs any way you would like, but the songs will only play in the order in which they were added.  Try it out, sort by date added and then use the next/previous track buttons.  Then sort by Artist and iterate using the same buttons.  

This is incredibly annoying for me, because the main way I use spotify is to sort Liked Songs by Artist and play through in that order.  I simply can't do that with this bug in the software now, so I am considering cancelling my account and moving to one of the competitors.  Playing through in 'Artists' order worked from ~2012 through late 2019, so why is it broken now?  It is hard to justify $10 every month for this.  

Hey there @kaylamart31 and @guygrr,

Glad to have you on the Community! Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this 🔍

As a first step I'd suggest a thorough reinstall of the app. Head here for a step-by-step and make sure to remove the cashed data before reinstalling again. 

Just a heads-up, this will also clear your offline music and you will have to re-download it again for offline listening. 

If your Liked Songs still won't play in the order they're sorted after that, it'd be great if you could get back to us with some more details:

• Is this only happening with the Liked Songs or with any playlist?
  • Are always the same songs skipped or does this happen randomly?
  • Can you provide a screenshot of the Songs after they're sorted and one that shows your Queue?

For full info on how to filter and sort, we'd recommend visiting this support page. Head here, if you want to read more about how to arrange and play the Queue

Keep us posted!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts