Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs by artist A.K. being added to my playlist

Solved!

Songs by artist A.K. being added to my playlist

Edit: Still having this issue with it persisting for over 2 weeks now. I really hope the mods here can mark this as still not solved because clearly the "Solution" is not working. This is ridiculous coming from such a large company with a large population of members. I have been a listener for quite some time now and have had premium for most of that time. Another thing I noticed is that my Premium plan changed from the normal $10 plan to the family plan for no reason and I got charged the $15. I never chose the family plan because everyone I know is either already on a family account or has their own premium. If you're having this issue I still recommend resetting your passwords and Unfollowing A.K. For now I've been just double checking before I leave the house every morning removing the songs if they pop up again. I really hope that someone actually important and can get things done around here sees this post and looks into the issue further. As a Community Manager of a 30k member gaming community I can safely say Spotify has some serious issues when it comes to community support and addressing issues with their platform.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Galaxy S8 and PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Over the past week I've had random "A.K" songs added to pretty much all of my playlists. It also shows that I'm following A.K. When it first happened I just removed the songs from the playlist, but every day it seems to keep popping up. I have Premium and every time I look this issue up it's always with the "Free plan Suggested songs". I don't even know what A.K is and their "Music" is low key kinda trash ngl. So let's keep this**bleep** off of my Metal playlists spotify. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Thanks for letting us know about this! 

After all the information you gave us, we reported the artist and their content. It has been taken down from our platform. Thanks for staying tuned and contributing to this. 

In case you see any fraudulent streams appearing in your profile, follow the steps in this support article. You can also secure your account further by taking the measures suggested here.

Since this has been taken care of, we're locking any further replies to this thread. 

If you need further help with anything similar, feel free to start a new thread in the relevant Help Board.

Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

65 Replies

I have Spotify premium on an iPhone 6, I have never logged into Spotify from any other device then my old phone. Last week I had a playlist going at work when I heard a song I didn't know. When I opened Spotify a song ("Get Ready" by A.K) had been looped in my queue 4 times, but was not added to any playlists yet.

Earlier today however I opened Spotify and about 4 or 5 songs from this A.K artist had been added to about 7-9 playlists, both public and private ones. The songs were not at the bottom of the playlists either but close to the top. I have not gotten any notice my Spotify is being accessed from another device but I logged out of all devices from my account page and changed my password.

I'm still confused though, other then the added songs nothing else has been touched on my account so I'm not sure if someone has hacked my account or if this is some sort of weird bug? I also noticed this A.K artist was in my following list when I never clicked to follow them.

Not sure what's going on.

031390F2-69CC-4FF4-B9D9-A995785D5831.png

1. Plan

premium

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

I have Spotify premium on an iPhone 6, I have never logged into Spotify from any other device then my old phone. Last week I had a playlist going at work when I heard a song I didn't know. When I opened Spotify a song ("Get Ready" by A.K) had been looped in my queue 4 times, but was not added to any playlists yet.

Earlier today however I opened Spotify and about 4 or 5 songs from this A.K artist had been added to about 7-9 playlists, both public and private ones. The songs were not at the bottom of the playlists either but close to the top. I have not gotten any notice my Spotify is being accessed from another device but I logged out of all devices from my account page and changed my password.

I'm still confused though, other then the added songs nothing else has been touched on my account so I'm not sure if someone has hacked my account or if this is some sort of weird bug? I also noticed this A.K artist was in my following list when I never clicked to follow them.

Not sure what's going on.

Hey @Kaniikaniit, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this.

In this case, I'd recommend checking out this support article and make sure to follow all the steps on that page.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

My Question or Issue

On EVERY SINGLE one of my created playlists, random cheaply made songs keep appearing for no reason without me adding them. No one uses my account but me, and sometimes my family uses the account on the Amazon Alexa. I use an iPhone XR and sometimes a Windows 10 laptop but I don’t think that is that relevant to the issue. The songs have cheap generic artwork with flowers and the songs sound like they were made a decade ago on a cheap music maker, and they’re all from an “artist” called “A.K”. I keep removing them but they keep coming back. I don’t know if it’s relevant to mention that they keep appearing under a he first song on the playlist. The songs that keep appearing are as follows.

A.K - Magic Forest

A.K - Get Ready

A.K - Fabrik

A.K - Parade

A.K - Mystery

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey @SonnyMCS,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community and welcome!

If you've come across music unexpectedly added to your playlists on your Spotify account, it'd be useful to make sure no one is or will be accessing it in an unauthorized way.

First, you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE as well as reset your Spotify password.

It'd be very useful to also reset the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account

If your Spotify account is associated with a Facebook profile, you can also make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook. To double-check this, go to your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.

Also make sure to read this support page article as it features some extremely useful info regarding how to keep your account safe.

Hope you'll find this useful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Kaniikaniit,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community and welcome!

If you've come across music unexpectedly added to your playlists on your Spotify account as well as unexpectedly followed artists, it'd be useful to make sure no one is or will be accessing it in an unauthorized way.

First and as you seemingly already did, you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE as well as reset your Spotify password.

It'd be very useful to also reset the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account

If your Spotify account is associated with your Facebook profile, you can also make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook. To double-check this, go to your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.

Also make sure to read this support page article as it features some extremely useful info regarding how to keep your account safe.

Hope you'll find this useful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is happening to me too!!! A.K Magic Forest has been added to EVERY single one my playlists as the second song. I checked again this morning and now it is double added! So now it’s on every playlist twice. What is going on here? Is someone hacking our accounts?

Someone help!

I was googling this because the same exact thing happened to all my personal playlists!

I am having the same issue, I am also noticing that Yas T, (ridiculous names) have been added to all of my playlists, and I have also noticed I have like 20 new playlist that I started to "follow" which was not me. I have reset my password and signed out off all devices through my desktop but it still happens. I'm glad i'm not the only one but this is so frustrating. Personally I am reporting all of the songs in my playlists by these guys as "Harassment" since they sent some sort of bug around that auto adds their songs to my playlist. I am very annoyed with it since it is an absolute ton of songs that were added. Please help!! I have attached a screenshot to show in one of my playlists it was recently added compared to my other songs. I noticed you posted this forum 12 hours ago and these songs were added 7-15 hours ago for me. Hopefully they ban these guys.

- Buzz

POS artist.PNG

Hi! I was so scared that I was the only one with this problem! The music added isn't even my taste, and somehow the songs have been added to my playlists within the previous day. I've logged out of everywhere and changed my passwords. 

Update: I've just found out that on Jan 11, someone logged into my account in Turkey. I just changed my passwords and I suggest that if anyone else is going through this problem to do the same! 

Spotify Hacker 2.JPG
Spotify Hacker..JPG

Also had this problem, same "A.K." artist with their songs added to all of my playlists!!!

Changed my password and signed out on everything but don't know how to report this. 😕

I've had the same problem. Random playlists were added to my spotify alongside those same exact weird A.K songs. Then I got an email from Spotify about finishing logging into the mobile app which definitely wasn't from me. So I just contacted spotify and they did a reset on my account, logging me out of everywhere and I reset my password. 

check your liked songs as well, these assholes liked all their own songs too 

Exactly! Bc of the nature of what happened I'm not sure if I have been hacked at all or not, or if it's like...some kind of bug or virus.

Hi @Wulffson

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, first reset the password:

1. Open the password restet form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your accoun page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

Make sure to always keep your account safe

I hope it helps!

1. I got the same problem with the same songs so I don’t think it’s just him please solve this

Hi @Andresbcf

Thanks for letting me know!

It has been reported to the right team and they'll investigate this case further. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Hey there @Mbuzz49, @soupy98 and @Kaniikaniit,

Thanks for jumping in here and adding info to the thread! 

Securing your account is a great way to make sure this doesn't happen in the future.

We've made sure the fraudulent artists and the fake streams they've gained are reported to the right teams in Spotify. We appreciate all of  the screenshots, artists' names and descriptions you've given us. Rest assured this is being looked into! 

In the future, if you spot anything like that, that appears shady, don't hesitate to tell us right away so we can take the necessary steps to deal with it. 

Keep us posted! 

PetyaModerator

Same happened to me. Looks like the songs were originally added to all of my playlists, public and private, 3 days ago (Monday, Jan 13th), and then the same tracks were added again as recently as 2 hours ago. 

I've logged out everywhere and reset my password. Obviously there was a hack. Hopefully this is taken care of swiftly. 

Suggested posts