Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs by artist A.K. being added to my playlist

Solved!

Songs by artist A.K. being added to my playlist

Edit: Still having this issue with it persisting for over 2 weeks now. I really hope the mods here can mark this as still not solved because clearly the "Solution" is not working. This is ridiculous coming from such a large company with a large population of members. I have been a listener for quite some time now and have had premium for most of that time. Another thing I noticed is that my Premium plan changed from the normal $10 plan to the family plan for no reason and I got charged the $15. I never chose the family plan because everyone I know is either already on a family account or has their own premium. If you're having this issue I still recommend resetting your passwords and Unfollowing A.K. For now I've been just double checking before I leave the house every morning removing the songs if they pop up again. I really hope that someone actually important and can get things done around here sees this post and looks into the issue further. As a Community Manager of a 30k member gaming community I can safely say Spotify has some serious issues when it comes to community support and addressing issues with their platform.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Galaxy S8 and PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Over the past week I've had random "A.K" songs added to pretty much all of my playlists. It also shows that I'm following A.K. When it first happened I just removed the songs from the playlist, but every day it seems to keep popping up. I have Premium and every time I look this issue up it's always with the "Free plan Suggested songs". I don't even know what A.K is and their "Music" is low key kinda trash ngl. So let's keep this**bleep** off of my Metal playlists spotify. Thanks.

65 Replies

I too am getting A.K songs on my playlists (someone called Yas T as well).  I delete them but they come back. Is this a hack?

Hi there @Lucy6,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Spotify does not add tracks to your self curated playlists.

If you're experiencing odd behavior on your account, please make sure to take all the steps provided on this help page and this one as well to strengthen your account's protection.

Furthermore, give it a bit more time to see if you keep having those tracks added.

If so, i suggest creating a new account and moving all your data safely using this official Spotify Answer.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Let me know if there's anything else i can do for you 🙂

Same thing happened to me. All my playlists have songs by A.K, Yas T. My alexa would also start playing their music at random times from Spotify. I assume it is to increase their plays/followers?

Hi, thanks for the response. I understand that Spotify isn't suppose to add music to personal playlists. It’s just odd that many other Spotify users (personal friends as well as other users who’ve posted on this forum) have been experiencing the same added songs from the same artist. I have waited this out, but it’s been happening over again for over a week. This morning new songs were added once again after I deleted them last night. 
I appreciate the links you provided, but I’m confident that my account has not been compromised. In addition, when songs are added to a playlist, they’re added to the bottom. These songs from “A.K.” are inserted at the top of my playlist, always under my first song. 
Is there a way to get a response from a Spotify employee? This I shouldn’t have to delete these songs from my playlists multiple times a day, especially for a paid service. 

Attached is a screenshot of the same playlist as my original post, with another “A.K.” song inserted again this morning. 

Thanks again for your response. 

A3ACE38C-BF35-4776-B69D-9C2B1F40AE96.png

This is not a solution. I have done both of these steps. I am on a premium account, no third party apps connected and have changed passwords on all accounts. As a user AND an artist on Spotify, I find it COMPLETELY unacceptable that this has happened and Spotify has not addressed, nor provided a solution that is correct.  

I think we should like start tweeting at Spotify for help.

Same here!! It’s so annoying.

Plan

Free

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

So this band A.K's album "Testing" got added to my created playlists, like at the top so I know I didn't add them. Anyone got any ideas as to why?

Edit: I noticed some are from another album called "Playful".

Screenshot_11.jpg
Screenshot_12.jpg
Screenshot_13.jpg

Hey @pvttaku ,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'd recommend checking out this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun....

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This same exact thing happened to most of my playlists with the SAME ARTIST. So freaking annoying.

I don't think someone actually took over the account, but I will change my password first chance I get just in case. Thank you

I'm having precisely the same problem, by the same Artist + Album. I've actually removed it from my playlists, and have had them pop back up in the same playlists and they appear in my queue too. Although I highly doubt it's my password (I have an incredibly strong password, and also it keeps recurring even though I have no payment options linked to this account), I've changed it just now to see if that puts a stop to it just in case. I hope yours has ended, but it has been making me feel like a crazy person (aka gaslighting myself with "Did I do this while half-asleep? They're back? Did I never actually remove them?" etc. I'm glad you're proof that it's a not-just-me situation). 

I recently paired Spotify with Soundiiz to try and create Youtube playlists more easily, and it might have been related to that connection. I'm just happy to see others are getting this same artist and songs, AND HAVING SOME COME BACK. I will see if the unpairing helps out at all.

I did the usual Google search after experiencing the same issues with the same artist and after reading through some of the answers I find myself asking why is the same generic answer delivered every time an issue is posted seriously this issue is actually quite frustrating I have private playlists or as Spotify tag them secret and yet the same artist is able to repeatedly able to add songs to them, not once but we have a count of seven different occasions my account has not been taken over, I am not tech fresh here geez guys how hard is it to work out every single issue is identical the artist is the problem remove them and your issue disappears oh and before I get the generic here's the link answer already did that only have three people on my family account and no Facebook attached no third party apps either so let's see if we can fix it properly this time and work out how one artist is hacking your system to provide themselves with a popular status never followed don't even listen to the tracks I just delete them when they repeatedly show up and only in my personal playlists

Hi everyone! I see there's a lot of you with the same problem. Seems like my account was hacked...i've experienced everything you've all said. I tried blocking, eliminating the artist and nothing. I chabged my password on spotify, facebook, gmail, a lot of places i could think my accounts were link (also, i eliminated the FB-SF link and permissions) andit all stopped! 

So it seems i was genuinely hacked ...

The think is, this 'artist' might had something to do with it. Also, i find it very strange the way it could play it's songs on a random play over and over again. This does not happen with other artists

Anyways, change your passwords ASAP!! Your credit cards are on the app and it could

be dangerous. 

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

(iPhone 8, Acer Aspire PC)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

A bunch of songs in a row from an artist called A.K keeps being added to my (only) playlist. I know for a fact I didn't add them and I've never listened to this artist before, and no one else has access to my account. It's on my desktop and my phone. If this is some kind of feature, why? I pay for premium. I hope it's a glitch.

Capture.PNG

Hi there @basedlugia,

thanks for reaching out about this !

I would like to suggest you take all the steps provided here and here, in order to strengthen your accounts protection.

Regardless, you can read more about reporting this kind of content issues by checking out this info page.

However, if you had taken all the steps mentioned above and still experiencing odd behavior on your account, i suggest you consider creating a new account.

If you do decide doing so, please check out this Spotify answer and learn how to transfer you data safely to the new account.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

I am in the same situation. This same artist (different Album) has been added to many of my playlists. I have had no verifications that my account has been accessed incorrectly and I've changed my password and the songs have been re-added. I believe this may be something on Spotify's end as I can't explain it. 

The SAME thing has been happening to me!!! On all of my playlists, even the ones that are non-collaborative. It’s all from the artist A.K.???? Very confused  

Same here!! A.K with albums Testing en Playful has been added to most of my playlists and i's driving me crazy! I've deleted them many times, everytime I open one of my playlists the songs are back. 

I'm hoping that Spotify will be able the fix this, it really takes away from easy listening to your favorite songs when you're forced to listen to music you don't want to hear and keep having to remove. 

1.JPG

Suggested posts