Songs being added to my playlist

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Songs being added to my playlist

Visitor
Don't bother contacting Spotify about this. I just wasted 80 MINUTES of my life on a support chat. They locked me out of my own account and never addressed the actual issue. Clearly this is a bigger issue beyond my password if its happening to all of us.

After this experience I am definitely ready for a class action.
Highlighted

Re: Hacked?

RFltch
Visitor
  • To the moderators and community RockStars, what is going on with this? I’ve followed the directions as far as password changing and protection, signing out of connected apps, etc. The problem persists. I even went so far as to select the option for Spotify not to play these two artists, that seemed to work. BUT!!... the songs reappear! What. Is. Going. On?? The answers & suggestions we’re getting to resolve this are ineffective and a waste of time. I imagine with all these people on this thread and others (per google), there must be enough reports of this to at least have better answers and a solution. 

If this thread is all we get as far as a solution and prevention, that is absolutely unacceptable! Spotify should at the least, be fixing it, and effectively responding to affected users’ inquiries about what is happening, how it happened, and how to prevent it in the future.

Calling customer service is a joke. This thread seems to be as well, unfortunately. 

What is going on SPOTIFY? 

Highlighted

Nerder1
Visitor
Yet another case of this here, if this is so common, I think there is definitely something fishy going on with this artist.
Highlighted

janine4
Casual Listener

I do not have a premium account and it's also happening to me. I had to delete yesterday from all of my playlist the songs, and today I found they have been added again randomly into my playlists again!! 

It's getting very frustrating... 

BTW, I see you guys are from the US. I'm writting from Spain, so nothing to do with a target country

Highlighted

Re: Random unwanted songs keep appearing

NotABot1
Visitor

I think this whole fiasco could be avoided by either deleting said artist (artist being "A.K.") or just have some form of a block artist function. Clearly there are far more people having this problem and I'm not okay with paying money for a service, only for that service to be muddled with with this very obvious and obnoxious bug.

Highlighted

Re: Spotify adding random songs to playlist

svjacob
Casual Listener

Hello there,

I'm on a paid plan, have this personal playlist that I created: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3MW9syj2PuCrO8DuyS9fOn?si=gihbPSHsTN-B588g4KWHsQ

and randomly Spotify is adding songs by "A.K" to the playlist, as you can see they oddly are sorted near the top with timestamps of "X hours" ago, even the my song added above is January 2nd, and my next song added is January 5th!!

What is going on? This is so annoying?

Highlighted

Spotify keeps adding songs by “A.K.” to my playlists

Lucy6
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 13.3

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps adding random songs by “A.K.” to my personal playlists. Every time I delete these tracks, new ones appear when I open the app again. This is not a collaborative playlist and my account has not been compromised. I have multiple friends who are experiencing the same issue, with the same artist/songs being added to their playlists. This is happening to ALL of my playlists and it’s very annoying. 

2526F993-6F00-4EB8-A56C-E1F8BF462DC4.png
FB80B9A4-0A6D-4BE1-B927-1CF113D194C3.png
Highlighted

Re: Spotify adding random songs to playlist

bryskal

I too am getting A.K songs on my playlists (someone called Yas T as well).  I delete them but they come back. Is this a hack?

Highlighted

Re: Spotify keeps adding songs by “A.K.” to my playlists

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi there @Lucy6,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Spotify does not add tracks to your self curated playlists.

If you're experiencing odd behavior on your account, please make sure to take all the steps provided on this help page and this one as well to strengthen your account's protection.

Furthermore, give it a bit more time to see if you keep having those tracks added.

If so, i suggest creating a new account and moving all your data safely using this official Spotify Answer.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Let me know if there's anything else i can do for you 🙂

OneByBooRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

hcloving
Visitor

Same thing happened to me. All my playlists have songs by A.K, Yas T. My alexa would also start playing their music at random times from Spotify. I assume it is to increase their plays/followers?

SUGGESTED POSTS