Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs greyed out on my account, but available on my spouse's account

Solved!

Songs greyed out on my account, but available on my spouse's account

Hi there,

A few days ago a whole bunch of songs in my library just became greyed out and unplayable on mobile and desktop. These are current songs that I would expect Spotify to still have licensing for in Canada so I was surprised when it happened.

The songs are showing up fine on my spouse's Spotify account, so it seems that it's something specific to my account. I don't think it's device specific since it's happening on both mobile and desktop.

We have a family plan.

An example I just tried right now is this song https://open.spotify.com/track/2H27WSgUMbuIpGW7epu0IP?si=ee746f6f78c04cdc.

It's greyed out on my spotify account (see screenshot). Yet my spouse can play it fine. If I log into her account on my Mac, the song shows up fine and I can play it. But when I log back into my account, it becomes grey.

I searched quite a bit on Google but all I seem to find is the explanation that it's licensing related, which is clearly not the case. I'm hoping some kind soul can help troubleshoot. Thanks in advance.

Device

(iPhone 12 and MacBook Pro)

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 11.30.29 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Jeremy, thanks for your reply.

As luck would have it, an hour after posting this I figured out the issue. In my defence the attached error message didn't popup at all prior to this so I couldn't have known.

Essentially my son got a hold of my phone for 5 minutes and took it upon himself to disable explicit songs on my account without telling me. Go figure.

When I re-enabled explicit songs, they all came back. Yay!

I'm attaching the screenshot for reference. Oddly, the message only popped up yesterday although the setting was changed a few days ago. So mystery solved!

View solution in original post

IMG_5741.PNG
3 Replies

Hi there @anotherone2022,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you let us know if your spouse's account have their country setting set to Canada as well? If yes, can you create a new account here to see if the issue persists?

It would also be great if you can let us know if you used to be able to listen to these greyed out songs before?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

Hi Jeremy, thanks for your reply.

As luck would have it, an hour after posting this I figured out the issue. In my defence the attached error message didn't popup at all prior to this so I couldn't have known.

Essentially my son got a hold of my phone for 5 minutes and took it upon himself to disable explicit songs on my account without telling me. Go figure.

When I re-enabled explicit songs, they all came back. Yay!

I'm attaching the screenshot for reference. Oddly, the message only popped up yesterday although the setting was changed a few days ago. So mystery solved!

IMG_5741.PNG

Hi @anotherone2022,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

It's really nice of you to share what worked for you with the rest of the community.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else,

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts