Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sort Artists by “date added”

Sort Artists by “date added”

My Question or Issue

Lots of times I hear a good artist on television or in a shop or something. I’d check out shazam to see who it is and add the artist on spotify with the intention to check him out later. But I follow so many artists, they regularly get lost in the mass. 
So a simple sorting option would be soooo nice! 

7 Replies

Hey there @Sjeesjie,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you do the following:

1. Go to the list you’d like to sort (Artists).
  2. Pull down and release to display Filters in the top-right corner. Tap it.
  3. Tap your preferred sorting option (Recently added).
  4. Repeat these steps to reverse the order, or pick another sort option.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you send us a screen recording when you try to follow the steps above so we can have a closer look.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Cool! I didn’t even realise that the button had the word “filter” on it! I still find it quite hidden though.

Hey again @Sjeesjie,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi! Is it possible to do this from an iPad? I don’t see any filter options from looking at it from that interface. Thx!

Hi @Mfahim!

You should be able to do that in Your Library on your iPad as well. When you open Your Library, you should see filters like Playlists, Podcasts, Albums and Artists at the top. The option to sort is right below these filters.

Screenshot_20221031-092304976_1.jpg

If you're not seeing the option Recently added, there's an ongoing test were running for some users where the Recently played and Recently added options are combined into one called Recents. There's this thread were I go in a bit more detail in the pinned post so feel free to check it out and share your feedback there.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

is ist possible to do that also on TV?

Hey @daniel_moroder,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. 

It's currently not possible to sort the Artist section on TV.  The app in third party devices (TV, PlayStation, etc. ) has very limited features when compared with the desktop and mobile version. 

On another note, seems like the Community folks have already gathered and have created an idea about adding more sorting songs for the TV App. If you'd like to see that feature available, go ahead and check this idea here. Make sure you leave a +Vote to support it, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts