Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Specific Artist Won't Play (Beatles)

Specific Artist Won't Play (Beatles)

If I try to play any Beatles song, from any album, there is no response from the player.  When I click the play button nothing happens.  This only happens with The Beatles.  All other artists/songs play fine.  This behavior exists on my phone and desktop.  My other family members can play the Beatles with no problems.  I'm looking for solutions to this.
It's possible that it's an artifact from a while back when I inadvertently "liked" them and ended up with 500 Beatles songs in my "Liked Songs" playlist. I don't remember how I dealt with it at the time.  It's possible that I blocked them when that option was available until I got around to curating the list but now the block/unblock options aren't available.

Plan: Premium Family

Device Samsung Galaxy 10, Windows 10

10 Replies

Bump

Bump

I am also having this problem with specifically the Beatles. My wife’s account play them fine. It played fine like a month ago,  and now nothing. Please let me know if the gets solved. Help! 

Hey @jcleve4 and @emacarla3,

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about this.

Just to confirm for both of you , does this happen on one or more devices? 

Could you try to log in with another account on the device/devices this occurs on - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

As @emacarla3 mentions it's possible to have blocked an artist - on mobile, you can go their artist profile and click on the 3 dots to check if you see the option Allow to play this

If that doesn't help, feel free to send us a screen recording of what happens when you try playing The Beatles.

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye open for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am late to this thread however I have been running into the same issue. The proposed solution does not work. When i try to play beatles songs the icon moves showing that the app at least registers my action but it does not play the song.I will attach a screen recording as suggested.

Hi @JMI1-,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

Have you tried removing the downloads, as well as clearing the app's cache and data to see if the songs would play afterwards? Also, were you able to play the songs prior to downloading them?

If possible, try playing the songs on another device, for example, a computer.

Keep us posted on this.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hello

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I tried removing the download and removing the cache. Both did not work. Songs I have not downloaded don't work either. It seems to be a general problem with the Beatles. 

I attempted to play the songs on my iPad and it didn't work either. 

Hey @JMI1-,

Thanks for the reply.

On your Mobile, could you go into the Beatles' artist page, click the 3-dot menu and check if you have the option Allow to Play This and activate it.

Let us know how things look on your end.

AlexModerator

Thanks that solved the issue. I thought I had already done that. Have a nice day 

Hey @JMI1-,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We're glad to know that everything is working well now. We appreciate the time you took following the troubleshooting steps.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts