Premium

Country

GB

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Fresh install of spotify after changing to a new windows install on my PC, spotify does not play any songs, always coming up with the error, spotify cant play this song right now. I have tried fresh install, logging out, restarting my pc, and logging in, changing audion stream quality, and clearing the cache, none of this is working. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies

Hey @Rhino182,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you perform a clean reinstall as described on this page, as this is a more thorough way? Also make sure to install the version from the Microsoft Store.

As you've newly installed Windows, do you mind checking if you're running the latest drivers for your sound card? Is it an external one or built in? Try switching the default output device as a test, to see if the app works.

How did that go?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Thanks for the quick reply!!

I have followed the clean reinstall guide, and neither the standard nor the microsoft store version of the app works. The sound card is onboard and windows states the most up to date drivers are in

Hey @Rhino182,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you disable hardware acceleration on the desktop app? What is the default sound output device? Have you installed some software, that can manage the output devices in some way? If so, try disabling it.

It's also worth to try replicating the issue in safe mode and to completely remove and reinstall the sound drivers.

Does the web player work?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts