Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect works and crashes randomly on my wifi devices...

Spotify Connect works and crashes randomly on my wifi devices...

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

(Amazon Echo Dot 4th Gen, Samsung Soundbar S60T 2020, BMW iDrive 7, Samsung S10, Samsung S9, Macbook Pro late 2014)

My Question or Issue

Dear Support,

I'm having this issue since years now and I could see on the forums that I'm not the only one... I have multiple wifi devices with builtin spotify connect: 2 Amazon Echo dot (4th gen) and a  samsung Soundbar s60T 2020...

My usage is very basic, I have some playlists that I want to listen to on my wifi speakers. It's basic but for some reasons, it's not working most of the time! Sometime it works fine but it just stops working after 3 or 4 songs… Sometime I could switch the device then it works in the other device but not in the first one… Sometime it just stops working on all devices… Sometime it starts skipping songs or freeze on a song without playing it… Sometime it loses the control and it doesn’t care of what you want actually play… It’s really frustrating and turns to a nightmare…

My girlfriend ends up usually by using Amazon prime music or Deezer free accounts WITH AD just to avoid the frustration of Spotify, that we actually pay for…  

Do you have any idea on how to solve this? Because otherwise we don’t want to pay anymore for a service we can randomly use, like 50% of time. We are really tired of resetting and reconnecting the whole stuff… Other providers are working just fine.

Thank you

1 Reply

Hey @azeus,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

As a first step, we recommend that you run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your devices. You can follow the steps in this guide. 

As for the Amazon devices, it's also a good idea to unlink Spotify from the Alexa app and reinstall it as well. That way when you link the account on the freshly installed app, the connection will be built anew.

Keep in mind that the devices that support for Connect can change over time. You can find a list of all currently supported models here. If your device isn't on the list, regrettably issues with it's use are expected behavior.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts