Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify ONLY plays one playlist no matter what I try to play

Spotify ONLY plays one playlist no matter what I try to play

I have searched for a solution for 2 weeks and now I'm ready to cancel my subscription. Spotify will only play ONE playlist, which happens to be a bunch of songs that are random. I deleted every playlist to try to stop this problem, but it still plays random songs that I don't even know. When I go to a playlist and press play, it will play completely different songs from a different playlist. I'm ready to throw in the towel. I truly hate this service right now.

Plan

Duo Premium

Country

USA

Device

All devices have this problem

Operating System

many various systems

9 Replies

Hi there @Jason4950209394

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you try clearing the Queue, sorting the playlist, and then playing it? Make sure that the playlist isn't being played before doing the first two steps.

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you log out everywhere by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

If the issue persists afterwards, would you mind sending over a screen recording where we can take a better look at this behavior? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I am experiencing the same problem. I've been subscribed for a week and am probably gonna cancel the subscription if I can't solve it. Did you find any solutions to this problem?

Hi there folks,

Thanks for the info. We have been unable to reproduce this issue on our ends so far. Could you please send us some videos showcasing the issues, so we can see the exact behaviour? That would help us a lot in troubleshooting this.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This happens to me I cant do anything to stop it. 

It happens both on the web player and the app.

Im currently on WIndows 11 ive tried every sollution.

Hi there @Bangen,

Thanks for the post.

This sometimes happens on the web player if you're using a school/ work computer with a managed firewall or you're connecting to such a network or VPN, on which some networking ports are blocked and the Spotify app and web player can't establish a proper connection with the servers.

Since it's happening both on the web player and the app, check your hosts file for any entry containing 'spotify' and clear those. You can follow this guide

I'd also suggest turning off any VPN you might be using and clearing your browser cache and cookies, and trying to open Spotify web player from another browser like Chrome.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

You have to clear your queue

Yeah, that didn't work. Spotify tried to solve the problem. In the end,
they had me delete my entire account and start over. The same thing
happened to my wife's account a few months ago.

Even I'm facing the same problem i have done everything related it but it's only playing one playlist again and again 

Hi @Riya1610,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This could be happening due to a number of factors. Please check the following:

• Make sure your Play Queue is cleared before playing music. You can clear it by clicking the Queue button > Clear queue. This option should be available on Desktop and Mobile.
  • Make sure that Enhance is switched off. This button will appear on top of your playlist. If it's turned on (green) it will automatically add similar songs to your playlist.
  • Make sure Shuffle is turned off.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts