Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't continue music playing after podcasts.

Spotify can't continue music playing after podcasts.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

It's very annoying that you cannot switch back to your shuffle music playlist after playing a podcast. It works smoothly with the podcasts (while playing music you just go to the podcasts section and simply hit the stopped title) but I don't understand why it isn't the same with music. If I play an album or playlist or anything, I am forced to reshuffle/research/replay all the content I was playing earlier. It is also maddening since I don't think that shuffle play is really random because there are several titles which the system forces to play (thanks for making me hate "While my guitar gently weeps" in a month, anyways... Therefore I'd be very happy if you could just write in the same "continue playing" function for songs too!

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Hey there @csabaidav

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

For now, we'd recommend adding the podcast episode to your playlist so that it can continue to play as it normally would with a song. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts