Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify created a blend with me and an artist Ive never listened to

Spotify created a blend with me and an artist Ive never listened to

Plan

Premium

Found a blend playlist between me and BTS which I didn't create it and when I click on leave blend it says "Something went wrong. Please try again" 

I have logged in and out, updated the app and tried a different device and still no luck.

I really don't think I have been hacked either as there are no other signs of use by another person so I would appreciate if Spotify didn't add me to playlists I have no interest in and to please remove me from the blend with BTS, thanks

20 Replies

Hey @UserMcNamerson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The new feature of blending playlists is that you can now Blend with an artist. As this new type of Blend is created just by selecting the artist name listed on the blog in Newsroom that is posted on this article, it could be hitted by mistake creating the playlist.

However, you can delete this playlist by using the "Leave blend" option. Since it's giving you an error, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing the error message you're getting. 

If the issue persists, would you mind trying it on a different device to see if it makes any difference?

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Oscar, 

Thanks for your reply.  I did multiple reinstalls last night when I was talking to support, also tried different devices and different networks.  Unfortunately I still cant leave the blend 

Hey there @UserMcNamerson,

Thanks for the reply.

In this case can you try leaving the playlist again, after it gives you the error message open this link which should create a blend between BTS and you again. After that try leaving the blend again. It might sound a bit silly, but we've received reports that this works for similar cases with broken Artist blends.

We're also aware that there are some issues with the BTS blend for some users. Our developers are working on finding out what has cased this and on a fix.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator

Hi Alex

thanks for the reply, unfortunately that didn't work. Will try again later.

Thanks again!

Having the same issue as @UserMcNamerson, only I joined the blend by clicking on an ad and it didnt just appear. Also tried everything above. Seems to be a general problem with artist blends.

Edit: After reinstalling the app multiple times, I somehow was able to leave the blend (only) on my Desktop. Not sure if thats what fixed it or something else (although I don't remember changing anything on Desktop).

Edit 2: The Playlist reappeared after a few days, and now I am unable to leave it again. -.-

Spotify has created another blend for me, this time with Darth Vader.  Still cant leave the blend with BTS and now this? Seriously considering leaving Spotify if I cant even control my own playlists.  

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

This type of Blend you mentioned is meant to allow users to create a 2-person Blend with their favorite artists. To see all of the artists you can Blend with and their invite links, check out our blog post.

On another note, we can confirm that the right teams at Spotify are aware of the issue with leaving Blend playlists and they're currently looking into it. We can't set a specific timeframe for when this will be fixed, but make sure to keep the app updated so you don't miss the latest improvement and fixes,

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Spotify shouldn’t make blends for people. That solves the issue. Stop meddling.

I am also having the same problem

Hey @k1k1_2481,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you confirm you're using the latest version of the app by sharing the version you've installed on your device? We also need the brand/model and operating system. Providing a video recording of the inability to leave a blend will also help a lot.

Does the issue occur with a different account if you want to leave a blend?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

im having this same issue i hate bts and i dont know how i ended up with a bts blend

Hey there @H4R000N,

Thanks for the post.

Can you try hitting the "Leave Blend" button from the 3-dot menu? Do you get any error messages if you do this?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

yes the same error everyone facing try again later one 

Hi @H4R000N,

Can you let us know the following info:

• Device model, OS version, and Spotify app version.
  • Country of your Spotify account.
  • Link to the BTS Blend.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

device: realme c25s os:android 13 spotify latest version

link: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1EXguaIz0PIIjE?si=UJSWefXLTheC1bQ4TY8kIA

Hi @H4R000N,

Thanks for the post.

We've passed on this to the relevant teams at Spotify.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

im also having the same problem. and also theres one similiar problem who disturb me a lot, the problem is bcs i clicked someone's profile and suddenly there's a blend playlist between me and pedri on their public playlist (i dont even know who pedri is), and i cant leave the blend.

you cant really do anything about it its been months and i cant leave the blen

Hey folks!

Thanks for joining the thread!

Could you let us know the following info:

• Device model, OS version, and Spotify app version.
  • Country of your Spotify account.
  • Link to the Blend.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies 🙂 

@H4R000N @farraleony 

VasilModerator

Suggested posts