Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has therefore removed the ability for one or more of your playlists to be available publicly

Spotify has therefore removed the ability for one or more of your playlists to be available publicly

Hello everybody,

I have tried customer service three times. The first time I was assured that the problem will be resolved soon (and is being escalated), but sadly nothing happened.

The second and third times I was told they don't know and to try support email. I tried a few times but I always got back the same email in broken English and they never reply to any follow-up so I don't really know what else to do.

Last time writing to customer support I was told to try to reply to the no-reply Spotify email which to no surprise didn't work. So I am (helpfully understandably) frustrated and I don't really know where to turn now.

My issue:

I have now gotten three emails saying "It has come to Spotify’s attention that your account has engaged in unauthorized use of the Spotify service in violation of the Terms. Spotify has therefore removed the ability for one or more of your playlists to be available publicly."

Me and my friends have been doing these playlists for over three years and I am certain there is nothing "unauthorized" about them at all. Two of these were really small with only a few listeners, only the last one was somewhat bigger with maybe 100 listeners per month.

Is there anyone else I could write to who can actually help me?

Thank you in advance! 

94 Replies

Hi @adminutzurio,

Thanks for reaching out!

We're unable to help out with this here on the Community, but if you've been assured that your request has been escalated, then it's probably still being reviewed and it may take some time to receive a reply.

There's also this idea about changing how the report system works which you may find interesting, so we encourage you to check it out and share your feedback. If it gets sufficient votes within the next couple of months, Spotify Staff will look into it for a potential implementation.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Stay safe!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sadly, it has been "escalated" a few months ago and from what I could gather from all the other support people, she was probably lying. 

It is really frustrating that there is no way to contact anybody from Spotify support. I have now depleted all the options (even tried the Spotify Cares twitter to no avail).

So my playlist that I have been building for years just gets (probably automatically) blocked and I have no recourse. 

I also checked the link you posted and I am not sure if that would help since the support is of no help at all so I have doubts it will do anything to reported people.

I am about cancel my subscription with these people.  I have gotten this 2 times, I mean they the people uploading the content we use in the playlists we custom create, not us.  I don't what they are talking about having a playlist being in violation of terms of service.   I just don't get it.   There they are adding and removing content just like how Netflix removes their TV shows and movies each month, and our playlists are being totally controlled, censored and content that Spotify uploads we have had on our playlists gets removed.  I mean this is total control just like the FCC trying to control our playlists like they control a licensed broadcast station now, except we are not transmitting, we are using a playlist.  Total censor ship and control against us! 

The only thing unauthorized they are doing is removing good music, programs and stuff we enjoyed listening to over the years.  I am tired of this, someone else needs to take a stand for this.  We know it's the far left gaining control of how the playlists are being made, and this is why they want to control the way the playlist is being made now a days.  Sooner or later our playlist creations will end up being moderated and controlled by them. 

I feel like our playlists are being moderated and controlled by you just like how you add and remove music, podcasts and stuff we enjoyed listening to.  I feel like the playlist has a message for the listener, you and your team want to "censor" and "control" that message.  I had a far future prediction this was going to happen.  I guess we must move ourselves off the platform until you and your team grow up and listen to us. Everything being censored and controlled even the stuff you upload to your data base and then sooner or later it gets removed due to copyright, artist , and political agreements.  I mean you're being the next You Tube, Netflix, anything that government deems to be controllable towards the average joe listener.    This is why you do these things towards us.  So what's next?  You people have to approve a and deny creation of a new playlist now?  It has to be trendy? Popular, viral for everybody even the aliens outside this planet?  

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

I actually have 12 public playlists on my Spotify account since several years followed by different users.

Unfortunately, two of these playlists are NOT visible anymore (although they have always remained public) and I don't understand why.

All other playlists are visible and I have tried making the playlists private and then public again, but nothing has changed.

I also tried to create a new public playlist and this new playlist also does NOT appear.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

PROFILE: https://open.spotify.com/user/symphonos?si=558651af8d34438c

PLAYLIST #1: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7ywCJCODUsKGsVJlDdLVgt?si=1bd658ca72014dbe

PLAYLIST #2: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3v6tmA88PpV8WyQrDlY7El?si=c89d54cfbd714898

Schermata 2022-07-12 alle 14.33.28.png
Schermata 2022-07-12 alle 14.33.20.png
Schermata 2022-07-12 alle 14.34.36.png

Hi @Symphonos,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

On the Desktop app Try right-clicking on the desired playlist and hit "Add to Profile". This way the playlist will be added to your profile for other users to see. Make sure the playlist is also marked as "Public".

Let us know if that worked.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Alex and thank you for your response!

The playlist is already public and is already included in the profile.

Strangely even though it says there are 12 public playlists, as in the screen, two of those 12 playlists are not visible on my profile, despite your guidance.

IMG0177.jpeg.jpg

Hey @Symphonos,

Thanks for the reply.

If the playlist privacy settings of some playlists you've made have been automatically set to private, you should have gotten an email sent to the account with which you've created the playlists. In this email there should be an explanation on the reasons why that'd happen. Check your spam folder as well.

We don't have any further information to share at this point.

Cheers!

DianModerator

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

Hey there,
I had this playlist. I will give you the link here but when you try to open it, it says the page is not found. But I am able to see this playlist on my account. I checked if it was private but it says it is public. I can see my other public playlists but I can not see this one. What could be the issue? I never had such a thing before. Thank you.
Playlist link https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1oVvl1GBrULNSBHAxGUSz8?si=c61f066929004d76

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 20.02.14.png

Hello,
I did not get an email about this issue, checked my spam email. I was wondering why that happened? If I did something wrong what is that so I won't do it again? Can someone at least give me an explanation? That is frustrating 😕

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My playlist with over 100k followers no longer is showing up. It used to gain followers frequently and was one of the larger of playlists in the genre and now it doesn't even show up anywhere in the search results. I can see likes slowly dwindling as people are having issues actually seeing the playlist on their liked playlists. I have tested it out already on another account and it is unfindable and when I use a link it shows up but doesn't appear anywhere. 

The URI is: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7d85RPHimZb0gR4PlY3IKq?si=2d578a576a5847ea

Any help would be great! I love being a curator! 

This has happened to me too. This is the mail I keep sending them, it gets ignored and they only refer back to their original mail that really says nothing. Very frustrating.

Spotify have removed my playlist ”Synthwave Shadows” from being public without a real explanation. This is on our user profile where we create playlists etc to promote our self, these playlists are also promoted on our artist page
The Mail i received does not really say what the problem is.
We have grown this playlist and it’s followers 100% organically for over a year, so this is very frustrating.
This is what Spotify advice us artists to do, so we don´i understand why it was removed.

I would very much like a detailed explanation and also a solution to get the playlist available again.

Plan

Free

Country

CHile

Device

PC

Operating System

WIN 11

My Question or Issue

I hope you can help me. My playlist suddenly dissapearded on my friends library. I can see it on mine. When i sent the link to my friends they see a message " the user has setted the playlist private or it was deleted" . Or they see a blank page. 

Hey @Milkiyami,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Would you mind checking the privacy of the playlist that you want to send to your friend? 

You can do that by clicking on the three dot menu under the playlist name. If you see the option "Make public" it means that you made this playlist private in the past or by accident.

Here is how playlist privacy works:

• If a playlist is marked as Public - it will not show on your profile by default, so users who open your Spotify Profile won't see it and won't be able to follow it, unless you specifically send them a link to the playlist.
  • If a playlist is marked as Private - it will also not show on your profile and users won't be able to follow it. You need to send a link to your friends, however the link will become inactive in 24h and they won't be able to access or follow the playlist after this time frame. This allows you to have more control over who follows your playlists and who can see the at all.

In any case, try sending them the link again as they might have missed the 24h window for accessing the playlist.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on that!

LyubkaModerator

Hi, thanks for the answaer but I tried that  before. My playlist is public already.  what can i do?

Hey @Milkiyami,

Thanks for getting back to us.

For more information on the matter, we'd suggest checking out the email you've received on the address registered in your Spotify account. If you don't see it, it probably landed in your spam/junk folder.

Let us know if there's anything else you wish to address.

Take care,

MihailYModerator

Hi Mihail I chek my mail and there isn´t a mail from you there. 

I need my playlist back 😞

Thanks for your time

Suggested posts