Free

Country

US

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 13.7

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps crashing unexpectedly in the middle of me listening to it. When this happens, it happens about halfway through the first song I play. I then have to restart the application and then restart the song. Sometimes this doesn't work though, and it will continue to keep crashing. I will then try to restart my phone if the issue persists, but that almost never fixes it. I have tried to track this issue to see if there is some pattern with it (ie; happens after I update the app) but I never have found a pattern, it seems to be happening randomly. Also, a quick clarifier here, this happens about once a week (It isn't happening every time I open Spotify). Just wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this issue. Thanks!

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Spotify keeps crashing

Hey there @Grant_S

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

In case the Spotify app keeps crashing on your iPhone we recommend trying a clean reinstall as a first step. This will remove any corrupted files from previous installations and get you the latest app version. You'll find the steps on how to perform a clean reinstall here

If this doesn't do the trick for you, check if any power saving or data cleaning settings are activated on your mobile device. Make sure you disable them since such features may prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.   

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Re: Spotify keeps crashing

Casual Listener

I first tried deleting the app as well as doing a clean reinstall of the app and neither worked. Just letting you know. Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS