Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps playing same artist

Spotify keeps playing same artist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

Every time I play an album, one song plays then it immediately plays something else, without me telling it to. It keeps playing Talking Heads. I have taken all of the Talking Heads albums off my downloads, but it still plays them. I looked on help and someone suggested to uninstall Spotify and redo it. I uninstalled Spotify from my phone, but now can't get the app back! I'd signed out of everywhere, as well. Really frustrating. Now I still have constant Talking Heads on my mac and can't use it on my phone! Please help!

i have exactly the same problem. This morning i received an email saying that someone logged in in the UK to my account but i live in france. I disconnected and changed my password but i keep hearing the same songs when i launch one of my playslists!!!! Please Help

Hey there @davycraig and @nmediaz,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are, you can start with checking your queue and making sure that there are no previously queued tracks that could be causing this.

Can you also let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in?

If you have doubt that someone else might be using your account we'd recommend following the steps here to secure it.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Elena,

I’ve tried all of those things. It doesn’t do it as much, but now it won’t play songs from albums in proper order, repeating songs and jumping around. I’m getting really fed up with it and am going to end my subscription, because it’s just constantly annoying.

Best wishes

Davy

Hi @davycraig,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Sorry to hear that this is still happening.

If you're experiencing this across all devices, it might mean that the issue is related to the account itself. In this case we'd first recommend running a clean reinstall of the app on all your devices following the steps in this article. A clean reinstallation involves deleting the Spotify cache files which store your account/library information. If the cache gets corrupted this might cause playback issues. 

If after doing this you still can't stream albums/playlists in order we'd recommend creating a new test account with another email address and checking whether you can play music normally on that one. If that's the case have a look here for info on how you can transfer your Music collection over.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts