Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps skipping 5 songs and stops playing the music at least 5 seconds into the song

Spotify keeps skipping 5 songs and stops playing the music at least 5 seconds into the song

Plan: None

Free/Premium: Free

Device: Chromebook

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System: ?

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Every time I play a song it plays for like a second and then skips ahead 5 songs. If I Decide to listen to the song the sound stops at like the 5- 15 second mark but the player continues. And also everytime I pause it I cannot unpause it. It just started happening.

1 Reply

Hi @RandomUserOnThisSite,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

Does this occur when you're listening on an external device through Spotify Connect? You mentioned having several devices: does the issue occur on all of them or just one? Try logging in to your account on another one to see if the issue is also present there.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could share a short screen recording which shows what's happening on your end. Feel free to also share the troubleshooting you've done so far so we avoid repeating the steps. If possible, try logging in on another account (a friend's or a relative's would do) to see if you'd get the same behavior.

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts