Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps skipping songs/not playing any songs.

Spotify keeps skipping songs/not playing any songs.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Lenovo Y520 Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Home

My Question or Issue

My main concern is my music keeps skipping to a new song infinitely and instantly, so I can't even play a playlist without it constantly skipping to a new song, only for the process to repeat indefinitely. Also, when I try to play a song from my Liked Songs it comes up with a message at the top of my application saying, "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

My first assumption was my account was hijacked, so I had gone into my

%appdata% > Roaming > Spotify > Users > "my username"

and deleted local-files.bnk. Tried restarting Spotify, and my music still keeps skipping songs instantly and infinitely. I know there is no person who could be manually skipping my songs unless they had access to my account EVEN AFTER I reset my password and logged out of all accounts. One thing I forgot to mention was I also removed all third party connections to my Spotify Google account as well as my Spotify account itself, excluding Google of course. 

Asking for some assistance on this one. Thanks.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
5 Replies

Hello @SwishLife

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Just to make sure nobody has access to your account, check out this Support article. Some additional steps on how to protect your account can be found here

I'd also recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there. 

It should help with the songs skipping issue. 

I hope it helps!

I am trying to play "I'll Be Your Girl" by the Decemberists using the web browser.

When I click the first song it skips several, then plays one song for 9 seconds then hangs.

This repeatable on two different MacBooks running Chrome.

I am a new user and based on my overall experience Spotify is very buggy and unusable.

Hey @philburk

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Would you mind letting us know if the issue persists using a different browser? Also, it's worth trying from an incognito window. 

On another note, could you let us know if this happens on different devices and on the desktop app as well?

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I tried to reply earlier and got Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Problem is not happening anymore after trying an Incognito window. Regular windows also work fine now.

Hey @philburk,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear everything works fine now. 

If the issue appears again, try clearing your browser cache and cookies and check if there are any pending updates. You can Google how to do that for every browser 🙂

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts